“Great option outside the beltway” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great option outside the beltway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here on a school trip with 100 students. It was nice, but not overly nice. The front desk staff was great (with the exception of one night clerk). The hotel common areas (hallways, stairwells, elevator, lobby) do have a odor of stale cigarettes, but for the price you really can't beat it. The rooms didn't smell and the beds were comfortable. Water pressure was great and the workout room, while cramped with equipment, was great as well.

Our group has stayed here for many years now while visiting DC and is always happy with our stay. Breakfast is good, not great, but it will help your budget. There are many options for everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

To start it off, the staff could not speak clear English and had little hospitality towards its guests. My family has experienced many terrible things in our hometown of Lincoln, Nebraska. But, this is so much worse. When we first checked in, the staff was not helpful at all and the front was not dressed appropriately. When we first walked on our floor, our eyes water from the odor of stale cigarette smoke. The beds are rock solid and the no housekeeping whatsoever comes to clean/replace items such as towels. When we first drove up, we noticed that this looked very ghetto-ish, but close to D.C. The second night we felt that our safety was threatened. My young family witnessed business men holding brown bags going into rooms with "hooker-looking" women. The shower faucet was very loose and fell out of its place while I was taking a shower! We heard strange noises all night. The prostitutes smoked on the elevators and they even lingered outside the hotel. This is definitely not recommended, unless you're a pimp daddy. The police even showed up downstairs to investigate. We were scared to leave the hotel at night. The breakfast looks as if the staff went to a kwik mart down the street. The cereal was stale and chewy and the bagels were cold and plastic tasting. Also, from our view through the window, we saw what looked like gang propaganda and drug use. What was supposed to be a week long stay, we quickly left the next morning to go to the Gaylord. Thankfully, the Indian hotel managers understood (I think), and let us go, But we still paid the week-long price. DO NOT go here.

Room Tip: DO NOT COME HERE! Go to the Gaylord or you might as well sleep in the hooker house down the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
COLLEGE STATION
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I choose to stay at Comfort Inn because they have a shuttle to the Gaylor convention center. All the hotels by the National harbor were expensive and I was looking for a way to save.
The hotel staff was really good. In the evening they had a shuttle every hour. One day, I missed the one at 7:30 and I was thinking to wait for another hour. So a called and they were worried about me, because the other guest were back and I didn't. They send a special shuttle for me...
I was staying alone, they recommended me a very good Chinese restaurant. I got so much food that I have for 2 days. Their room included refrigerator and micro-way...
Really recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for a month in January 2012.
The rooms were decent size and in good condition.
The staff, especially the manager was eager to please and do whatever it took to make things right. The A/C went out and he was on it in a flash and had the problem fixed by replacing the whole unit in 30 minutes, thats service.
DADA, the Managers dad is always there and wants to make sure your happy.
The hotel is safe but the area around it is scary!
I would consider staying here again, I hate Washington.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This Comfort Inn is a few blocks away from a truly creepy liquor store (looked like gang members were thronging there). We stopped there before booking our room so I knew the place would be strange. The staff was fine, though, and we got our 4th floor room without incident. The whole place smelled like very stale smoke which bugged me. The room was completely worn out to the bones (I think the floor was crumbling concrete -- you could feel 1" lumps below the carpet). On the other hand, the bed was comfortable and the furnishings & carpeting were upgraded, so nice. There was a nice thin-screen TV But it had the telltale old 70's doors that were given the cursory paint job... We asked for a quiet room, but could hear the couple next door in the throngs of ecstasy. At least they weren't fighting!

I have been to probably 30 different Comfort Inns over the last 5 years, and I would say this place is in the bottom 3, simply because of the creepy location, the shoddy construction, and the smell. However, the breakfast was quite nicely done. Comfort Inns always have a good breakfast spread -- yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, donuts, cereals, english muffins, etc and this one seemed to have the full gamut of offerings.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampton, Virginia, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was bad. The shower didn't work. The owner wouldn't take anything off the price for my family'c inconvience. The front desk attendant "Rachel" was great! She knew we were treated badly and kept saying she we so sorry for all we went thorough checking in and during our stay. We were there for a family celebration and we were an hour late because of all the problems with checking in. I wasn't expecting a four star hotel, I did expect the things to work. The phone and hair dryer didn't work. It was clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Advantage : - Only the price. Some staffs are good
Disadvantage ;- old property and away from city. rooms are on average cleaniness. no proper public transpotation though cabs available on request . Nothing to see around the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!