“Very good position to downtown!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Oxon Hill
Bologna, Italy
“Very good position to downtown!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We chose Confort Inn to go to downtown Washington by car and this decision was successful. 15 minutes!
We appreciated the very clean and quiet room. Lovely staff inclined to help us finding some good garages close to the main attractions and suggesting the best way for visiting Washington DC. No restaurants or cafè all around but this was not a problem.
Hope to come back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My finance & I stayed here with my parents for the Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival at National Harbor. We opted for the Comfort Inn since the Clarion down the road was booked & everything in the National Harbor is extremely expensive. The one good thing about this hotel was that it only took a couple minutes to get to the National Harbor. Other than that, nothing to write home about here!

The service was lousy & the hotel seemed to be located right in the middle of the 'ghetto' as some would call it. Didn't seem like a safe place to be. We had an issue checking in because I had made the reservation under my name with my friends & family discount but we used my finance's card to pay...this created some kind of confusion I guess. The rooms were decent but again, nothing spectacular.

Upon returning to the hotel our 2nd day, it didn't look like housekeeping had been by...or were they?? Our trash was taken out & dirty towels removed but the bed was not made & no new towels were left for us. I saw that housekeeping was a few rooms down so I went over to ask if we could have a couple towels & it was a total mess. The woman couldn't understand me (or at least acted like it) & she was speaking another language like I"m supposed to know what she's talking about...excuse me?! I ended up having to initial a piece of paper saying I didn't need them to do anything to the room & she handed me 2 towels....what a joke!

The breakfast wasn't that great either, if you could even get anything. The usual rude people who act like it's an all you can eat buffet would get their 2 or 3 plates worth & go sit down while no staff person could be found replacing anything. No one was even around to ask.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Poquoson, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not a 5 star location, but convenient and clean. I've been there before and will stay there again if I need lodging in southern DC area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cruisingcoppertop
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We booked here because we were attending a week long convention in National Harbor and an educational class in the Comfort Inn's meeting room one day. When we( 2 women) arrived, our cab driver advised us, "do not walk around outside of here, this area is not safe. Please be careful" That was our first red flag. Then when we were checking in at 4pm, our rooms were not ready..despite the fact that we had booked 2 months prior. The desk staff suggested we have a cup of coffee while we waited, which was nice..We asked them if the area was safe and they stated "yes, just don't go out after dark, but otherwise it is fine":A short time later, our rooms were ready. While entering our individual rooms, which were spacious, we both noticed a strong sewage smell in the bathrooms. The fridges also had a strong odor. We unpacked and decided we would walk next-door to buy an air-freshener at the grocery store. We literally stepped about 400 feet outside the hotel and were immediately inundated with cat calls, horn blowing, whistling and yelling of some pretty unsavory comments. A man mowing the lawn in a restaurant adjacent to the hotel kept eyeing us in a lewd manner. Needless to say we immediately returned to the hotel where we noticed several rodent traps in the stairwell. We also happened to pass the "laundry room" which was open and extremely dirty. While reviewing with each other the idea of staying here for a full week, we decided that this just wasn't a safe environment for the two of us to deal with. We called the front desk to check out and they sent the manager up to see us. We discussed our dismay with him and he was very considerate. He said he would refund our week-long stay but encouraged us to find another hotel who could accommodate us first. We were able to locate one room with one bed in the National Harbor and opted for the change.The manager was so polite that he drove us to this new location at no charge. We did go back to the Comfort Inn later in the week to attend our educational class and saw this gentleman again. He asked how we were enjoying our stay in Maryland and was very gracious. Unfortunately, several of our other classmates had also decided that the accommodation at this particular hotel were sub-par as well and left for other venues . I would not choose this hotel unless you were only here for a night and were traveling with a man or some kind of security device:)

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose ANY room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Salisbury, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

The hotel room was very clean. The maids did an excellent job cleaning every day. They replaced ammenities we used daily. Nice after working 12 hrs to go to a clean well stocked room. The breakfast was pretty good. It included scrambled eggs and sausage. Negative side was sticky lobby and elevator floors. The pool hrs not great! 3:30 -10 pm on weekdays. Staff was very friendly!

• Stayed June 2012
Maplewood, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Went to a wedding in Maryland and opted to stay at the Comfort Inn due to the affordability. I booked online and had requested early check-in. Sure enough, when I go there my room was ready at noon. The young lady at the reception was exceptionally cordial and very professional. She recommended I take the room on the first floor and it was a great choice.

While the hallway smelled a little stale, the room itself was great. It was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The room had a nice size TV, there were ample towels, a functioning iron (quite helpful considering I had all my wedding clothes to iron). The room had multiple lightning fixtures so the lighting in the room was decent. The window was somewhat small but considering it was the first floor, it served its purpose.

The only problem I encountered was the night before I was going to check out. Apparently the rainstorm had knocked out the power in my room and this disabled the combination on the safe. When I asked the lady at the front desk (a different lady from the one I had initially spoke to on check-in) she informed me that the technician would be in at 7:00am. When I went to the desk at 9:30am the young man said he didn’t know how to work the machine to open my safe and the technician would not be there until 10:30am. Being that I had to be on the road before 10:30am he called on one of the guys that cleans up around the hotel, James. While this was not James’ job, he said he would try. James called someone and they ran him through the procedure. It took all of 10 minutes to get the safe opened. While I was grateful that James was able to open the safe, there is NO excuse for both of the individuals at the front desk not to know how to do such a simple procedure. Especially when he said that it happens quite often.

Nonetheless, it was a very good experience and would definitely stay at this hotel again. Most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the rooms are a decent size and very comfortable.

Room Tip: The first floor is quite convenient but not sure if the musty smell was just the weekend I was there...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our church group (38 in group) spent a night at this hotel and we were quite pleased with the amenities. We were there for a quick tour of the sights in DC and made the best choice of hotels for our trip. The hotel is only 8 miles from the National Mall. The rooms were recently updated and were very clean, nice linen and a flat screen TV. The Manager, Mr. Patel, and his staff were amazing. They were very friendly and accommodating. They recommended restaurants for dinner and provided directions to the monuments. The check-in and check-out was so easy, it took only minutes. They provided a breakfast room just for our group. The breakfast was free and quite tasty. Would definitely stay here again! Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!