“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6170 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The price was reasonable but it kinda seems like a shelter the way people hang around outside all day. Room was reasonably clean, free wifi.......

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I was traveling to the area for a funeral. I was early Saturday morning approx. 5am. I called to see if there were any rooms available the desk clerk said yes. Upon our arrival, approx. 5:45am, I proceeded to check-in. The clerk said he would have to charge me for the entire night if I checked in at the current time. I then asked what would be the earliest I could check in, he replied 11am. I explained that I had a funeral to attend that started a 10am and all I need was a place to freshen up and change clothes and I was planning to stay for the the next day or so. I asked if there was anything he could do to help. He said no. Desperate and pressed for time I took the room only to later find out that had we waited another hour and 15 to 20 minutes, they could have checked us in if there were rooms available, which there was, and they would not have charged me for a full night to just freshen up, brush my teeth, and change my clothes. After the services were over I explained the situation to the manager. He explained to me that this is the way they conduct business and made no concessions about his clerk giving misinformation or no information at all. They charge me $109.00 for two hours and check me out of the room before I returned from the funeral. I was planning to stay another night but after all of that I looked else where and found a brand new hotel in the SpringHill Suites for the same price, continental breakfast, much cleaner facility, PROFESSIONAL SERVICE, and a helpful staff. I travel for my job and I have had some trying times but never one as bad as the lack luster service and pss poor professionalism as I received at the Oxon Hill, MDI RED ROOF INN. I would sleep on the street before I stayed there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

I went on one of the hotel websites to check out costs and found Red Roof for $79 per night. The website sent me a confirmation but never got with the hotel. I was upset. So, my room rate was reduced to $69 for the one night I stayed. I thought it was a good deal. The check in process was easy. Free internet use w/ my laptop. The room was clean. Okay, so the sink was plugged and it bleched a few times as the water was draining.

Then there was a lot of noise at night. People were talking loud. I mean at 11:30 pm. A family got up and left at 3:30 am and obviously didn't realize that people were sleeping. They kept screaming to each other. None of these people had the common sense to be quiet. Too much loud noise. It was hard to get to sleep and it wasn't pleasant.

I told the manager in charge and they were rude to me about my telling them to police the noise at night! I am the customer.

Check out the other hotels though before you make a reservation. If you make reservations from a hotels website, triple check so that they have your reservation.

If I go back to Oxon Hill or the DC area, I will have a list of other hotels so I totally understand the property.

This place was too noisy for me to get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

Decided to book here when going to washington for sights.Found the hotel fine and the staff friendly but the area oxon hill was terrible. Didnt feel save their at all. Went to local bar the first night and realised the area was a getto. Long distance out from DC sites. Car essentinal to get to local subway.

Stayed September 2007
txbluemoon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2007

The first 3 nights of our trip we stayed at a Best Western for $113 per night. The 4th night was jumping up to $180. We didn't know what a good deal we had.

To save some money, we found this Red Roof for $85 a night. NO POOL, no free internet, only 2 towels in a double room, beds that made you hurt the next morning, no vending machines, no breakfast, no ironing boards & irons, no microwaves, NO INTERNET and NO POOL.

It was very quiet, clean, renovated very nice, seemed like a much nicer neighborhood than where we were before (downtown DC), plenty of places to eat, but did I mention that there was NO POOL! You can't go on vacation with kids and have NO POOL! Definately an $85 a night room.

The public library was close, and got a 30 minute visitors pass to use the internet to print our boarding passes for the flight the next morning. Saved money on hotel, but had to rent a car for $200 for 2 days to drive to musuems. Did we actually save any money? NO-and didn't get any comfort either. Took a week to get the aches out of my shoulder.

• Liked — neighborhood
  • Disliked — no pool & no internet & no breakfast
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2006

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn on business. The staff was exceptionally rude, and even argued with us over room keys. The hotel service didn't bother even cleaning our room one day when we were there. Then to add fuel to the fire, they had a work crew there during the evening beating and banging on the stair case outside of our room every night we were there for no less than two hours. We left the hotel a day eariler than planned and went to another hotel.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2005

We stayed here for one night; leaving two days before we were scheduled to. It is a remodeled inn and seemed fine during the day. That night, we went to get extra towels and the attendent was in a locked office and said he couldn't come out to get towels; he was waiting for the usual police detail! Things got very loud at night, with fighting right outside our door. A woman knocked our friend's door and offered some illegal activity. (The police officer never arrived) We got absolutely no sleep all night and couldn't wait to pack up and leave in the morning.

• Stayed June 2004

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!