“great job” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“great job”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

the hotel staff was helpful and courteous this was a very beneficial stay to regroup - not much more to say. The room did have a slight smell of cigarettes but not overwhelming. I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So we stood here to be close to the National Harbor, Old City, and Six Flags.

The room is very small, smallest room I've ever stood at it. King size bed, small bathroom, is pretty much a big square. The room is good for what it's for, just a place to shower, change and head out, and then sleep for the night. The only reason why I can't give it a 5 it's because the walls are thin being able to easily hear loud sirens and/or doors being slammed, which wasn't many. Other than thay, if you need a great, budget place to just do what your supposed to do at a Inn and don't want to break the bank, the Red Roof Inn Plus is definitely the place.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

I stayed at the Red Roof in for four nights while I was attending a conference at the nearby Gaylord Hotel. First of all, as has been mentioned on here, the area surrounding the hotel seems to be pretty rough. If you're checking into the hotel at night, you have to do so through a window behind the lobby.

When I got to my room, it smelled strongly of smoke, despite the numerous advertisements that this is a smoke-free hotel. The room itself wasn't bad. It has definitely been recently renovated, and the bed was comfortable. I slept very well all four nights I was there.

My only major problem with the hotel was that my room was cleaned on the morning of the second day of my stay, and then it was never touched again. My trash wasn't emptied, my bathroom wasn't cleaned, my sink wasn't cleaned, and the bed wasn't made. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk when I was checking out, he mumbled some halfhearted apology, but it really seemed like he couldn't have cared less. This bothered me because I had prepaid for my stay through Priceline, and I really felt like the hotel management figured they didn't have to take care of my room because I had already paid for it.

Overall, I guess you could stay here if you're really tight on money, but I would spend a little more and spring for something nicer and with better management.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, March 5, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry that you did not get room service; please accept my sincerest apologies. I want you to know that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping teams to ensure immediate improvement to prevent any future occurrence.
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

What can I say? If you need a place to sleep, you've got one. The room itself was clean and comfortable. I actually slept very well. There are no perks or extras (breakfast, pool).
The surrounding area outside the Inn, not some place you'd want to walk around alone.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Oxon Hill Red Roof Inn. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

I love this location the Staff is so delightful . Great location with many stores and restaurants with a major shopping outlet just 2 miles away. And 5 miles from downtown Washington DC. I want to thank Robin at the front desk for a smooth and quick check in.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your nice comments- I will make sure to share your comments with Robin and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Bikas General Mananger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2015

the clerk at the front desk, Jorge was incredibly rude and unprofessional. As a frequent traveler, I have never experienced someone so unprofessional. He had a horrible attitude and clearly didn't know what he was doing. He was unable to check me in even though I had a confirmed reservation. Couldn't explain anything and totally incompetent

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for employee being rude. Please rest assured that I have personally followed up with employee and corrective measures have been taken. We do appreciate your business.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

I went to the hotel and when i went to the office they changed our room and priceline refunded our room so when u go to any hotel look under beds and on the floor u might be surprised what u find on the floor or behind curtins

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
We appreciate your sharing your concerns.I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping teams to ensure immediate improvement.

Bikas

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!