“Nice place to rest your head.” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill to your Saves list
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Nice place to rest your head.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel was better than most economy hotels I have stayed in. I didn't really have high expectations, but the room was actually very spacious and clean. The furniture was very modern and the room didn't smell. The only odd thing that I wasn't too fond of was the check in process. We arrived at 6:30pm and the lobby was already closed and I was directed to the night window. I thought 6:30pm was a little early for a night window and it made the process a little impersonal. The staff however was very friendly and helpful. For the amount of money we paid and how close to D.C. it was, this was a pretty good deal. I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a nice economy hotel close to D.C.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I love this location. Great prices. Friendly staff. Clean property and rooms. I want to thank front desk agent Justice for his help in a trouble free checked in. #1111111111111111AAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Banstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed one night during a tour from NY to Washington. Clean room with comfortable beds. We were on the first floor, couldn't see a lift so it was a bit of a struggle with our cases. This was part of th he package so don't know the cost but as the tour overall was really cheap think this must have been exceptional value for money

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This property is a typical Red Roof Inn -- inexpensive for its market, clean, plenty of parking, few extras. However, they saved me great expense by finding my lost key chain, with home, office and especially car keys. (I didn't come by car and didn't notice they were missing until airport security.) Even better, they didn't rely on some outsource to send them back and tack on a fee, they personally took them to the post office and trusted me to repay them. That's customer service!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Montego Bay, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights as we wanted to tour the sights in D.C. but did not wish to spend a king's ransom. The accommodation was adequate and the room clean. This is not luxury accommodation, but you do get what you pay for. There are little things that the hotel's management could do to make the property more appealing, such as pressure washing the corridors, staircases and having trash removed from the periphery of the property. The staff were friendly and very helpful with info. on getting around by Metro. The property is about 11 miles from the Capitol but is quickly reached by Metro for about $6.50 each way. If you are visiting for several days then you should buy a Metro smart card at the metro train station. I have stayed at Red Roof properties going back to the mid-80's. This is my third stay at this property and I hope to see a return to the attention to detail which Red Roof once had on my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hot Springs, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed in hotels/motels all over the world. Some were more questionable than others. I pride myself on doing adequate research before staying somewhere. Boy oh boy was I "hood"winked by this one.

Where do I start?

First of all we had to check in through a little window. Not surprising considering it was close to dark and we were in a busy city. However, the window was in the same room as the noisiest vending and ice machines EVER and I could not hear nor understand the front desk agent.

Our room was obviously HEAVILY perfumed to mask a mysterious odor. Upon opening the door the smell took my breath.

There were questionable stains on each side of both comforters and hair in all corners of the bathroom.

I left before 8AM on the first day and returned after dark to find my room had not been cleaned even thou the cards were left on the pillows as instructed.
Needing clean towels, I walked to the front desk....window... and was ignored by both of the agents at the front. After pressing the buzzer I was given the "hold on one minute finger" and was ignored for another 10 or so minutes. I walked back to my room and called the front desk three times before anyone picked up. After asking if I needed to call for housekeeping services, I was asked 20 questions about the time spent in my room and when I stated that I had not been in the room all day I was told to come to the front to get my towels. I explained I was just there and the agent informed me he was "working on something" and hung up the phone. I was given my towels through the dirty window slot in the noisy vending machine room.

I never received my requested wake up call.

I did not receive my check out bill.

I could go on.....

Not a pleasant stay AT ALL. Maybe a cheaper hotel would have been better.

Room Tip: Chose a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Okayama, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I selected this hotel over Memorial Day weekend die to it being budget friendly and it's location. The room I reserved came with a king bed on the first floor. It was clean and looked just like the picture. New flat screen, clean, small fridge and safe.

I was very disappointed in that although its a non smoking hotel, my room had a bad smoke smell to it. I believe this was because smoking is allowed right outside the rooms and this didn't help my allergies which caused a horrible night of sleep. This forced me to cancel the rest of my stay here. A possible solution is to possibly move the smoking further away from the building. The wifi was not great either as I was continuously having to reset to get on the Internet.

Staff was helpful and apologetic and even offered another room however it was on the first floor which would've had the same issues. Local restaurants in the area with a convenience store located close by.

• Stayed May 2014
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry that room smelled like smoke and wifi signal low; please accept my sincerest apologies. I want you to know that I will be working very closely to ensure immediate improvement to prevent any future occurrence.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns.
Bikas

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!