“A great alternative to the nearby expensive hotels.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6170 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
“A great alternative to the nearby expensive hotels.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center. The rooms were clean and it was only 15 min by bus ($1.60) to the Gaylord. I was very pleased with the quality when you consider the price. A nice find.

• Stayed May 2013
i0181, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Oxon Hill Red Roof Inn. I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Bikas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This past weekend my boyfriend and I had a staycation at the Red Roof Inn to get away from things. The price was decent $70.00 a night for the King. The rooms were clean, updated, very modern. It was very quite and located across from shops, food places and a movie theater. I was very surprised about how nice my stay was for the area and I got the great rate through Priceline so no hassles. I would recommend for a few days stay for a good price.

Room Tip: Always shop for the best price ;)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
My name is Bikas Shrestha, and I am the general manager at the Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill, MD. I just want to thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and I can assure you that it has been a great encouragement to us as we continue to improve our product and services. Thank you again and I hope you continue to have a great stay with the Red Roof Inns.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I understand "you get what you pay for", but this Red Roof Inn has reached a new level. I had a reservation for 2 nights. As I got there, they booked a handicap accessible room for some reason, although I hadn't asked for one. I didn't mind, and happily took the room. As I entered, the room had a weird smell, almost like something was rotting. The area seems to be a hotspot for illegal activity, as cops were patrolling the parking lot throughout the night. The most disturbing part was when I found a used condom in my bed. I immediately asked for a refund and they agreed to give me a refund for only one of the nights. As I checked my bank statement, they instead charged me for both nights, and charged me for an additional night. I usually never get this angry, but I am a physician who was working in the city for the weekend. I have contacted my lawyer and will act accordingly. Please, avoid this dump for the sake of your health. I've yet to hear from Bikas Shrestha, the manager.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us. Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping teams to ensure immediate improvement. I have checked your folio receipt which indicates a charge for one night only. It may take up to ten days after you checked out for credit card pending authorization to be released. Please check with your bank and contact me at my cell phone 703 -944 -1031 if you have any questions.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.
6170 Oxon Hill Road
Oxon Hill MD 20745
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here for a compitition and first off, the clientel makes you feel like they live there and the place is very poorly kept. Our first room was DISGUSTING! It smelled like pot and cigerettes and the sheets and walls were filthy. It's was as if house keeping just pulled the comforter up and that was it. The second room was cleaner and smelled less of smoke but still not very clean. The edge of the carpet really needs some love and the floors in general need a good scrubbing, but hey the sheets were at least clean! On our last night here we noticed an undercover police car sitting in the parking lot keeping an eye on the people that were hanging out in the parking lot like it's the place to be. Plus the lobby has bullet proof glass, gotta stay safe I'm guessing. All in all I would not recommend this place or stay here again. Unfortunately it was for work and they clearly didn't do research first.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
I just want to thank you for taking time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. Please accept my sincerest apologies for room smells like smoke and your unsatisfactory stay with us.

We want to you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence.

We appreciate your business.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's an ok place to stay for a few days. My rooms changed and I had an older room asked to change it because it smelled like smoke that didn't happen. I just felt with it and the front desk person wasn't so pleasant though I said a few words because they seemed not to care. Overall good location and surroundings for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry that room smelled like smoke; please accept my sincerest apologies. I want you to know that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and front desk teams to ensure immediate improvement to prevent any future occurrence.
We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is currently under renovation with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, drapes, shower curtain and upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have traveled to Washington DC several times this year. I had the pleasure of staying in the Red Roof Inn at Oxon Hill. The service I excellant the staff Pam, George and Barbara made me fill at home. I would suggest if anyone is traveling to DC and need a nice place to stay I would suggest Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thanks very much for your review. It is nice to hear that our front desk staff provided you with good service. I will make sure to share your comments with Pamela, Jorge, Barbara and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Front desk clerk Pamela is a excellent worker and place has affordable good prices then nearby hotels. Housekeeping is good will keeping rooms clean and made sure I have everything that I needed during my stay. I have been here for awhile and enjoyed my stay. Close to restaurants and harbor. I can't wait to see the new look of the hotel that will be happening soon.

• Stayed December 2012
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. It is nice to hear that our front desk employee Pamela and housekeeping provided you with good service. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We hope that you will visit us again in your next stay.
Bikas (GM)
6170 Oxon Hill Road
Oxon Hill MD 20745

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!