“Good value, close to DC/Alexandria” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6170 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Ranked #7 of 8 hotels in Oxon Hill
Edmonton, Canada
“Good value, close to DC/Alexandria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was hooking up with my daughter who was staying in Alexandria. I chose this place because as a RR I knew what to expect with a Superior King, and that's what I got :-)

It was a little over $100 which isn't bad for this area, and 10 minutes from Alexandria (non rush hour!). Biggest problem was finding it as the road-side sign is fairly small and it is tucked back behind a bank.

The room was large, remodelled, clean, cool and comfortable with working wifi and free long distance (in SK rooms).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
i0181, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Oxon Hill. I appreciate your comments regarding your stay. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovations now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Clerk behind bullet proof glass (we arrived before sundown).
Standard room, clean but no hair dryer.
Not far from downtown, but even with the GPS we had a hard time getting there and getting back (we're not new at traveling and navigating new cities.) Next time in DC (we love the city, we will be back) we will spend a little more money and stay closer to the main attractions.
At night, the parking lot is as bright as day and there is police presence. I never once felt unsafe, but definitely on alert as this looks like a poor suburb.
Would I go back? No. Do I recommend this place? Not really.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I am sorry for a dissatisfying stay; please accept my sincerest apologies.

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us.
We are happy to let you know that Red Roof Inn Oxon Hill is under renovation now with all new furnishings, wood floors, flat screen TV’s, drapes, shower curtain and upgrading all of our beds with Love-your-Linens™ and all new comfy bedding with Rest Suite beds by Serta®.

Red Roof Inn - Oxon Hill
Madison Heights, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed to attention a convention in town. It was clean and nice sized room and much cheaper price than the rest of places in town.

However there was no hair dryer which as a female I was highly disappointed. It may have been my fault for not checking what the rooms offered inside, but what hotel doesn't have a small hair dryer hanging on the wall?

The thing that bothered me the most was there were no wash rags. There were large towels and hand towels but no wash rags for the shower. That's a bit unsanitary if you ask me and makes me wonder what people wash WITH. Brining my own wash rag is inconvenient because it stays damp and could get sour in my luggage.

The overall environment of the place was a little uncomfortable and unsafe feeling. If my boyfriend hadn't have been with me I wouldn't have stayed alone nor would I take children to this particular Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for no wash rags in the room. Please rest assured that I have personally followed up with housekeeping staff and corrective measures have been taken. We do appreciate your business...

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

A standard Red Roof. Clean & comfortable room. Very quick access to Alexandria and southern DC area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Oxon Hill, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

We arrived at 11:00 p.m. from Upstate NY, not knowing the area at all and thinking since it's close to Mt. Vernon, etc., it would be upscale. The first tip-off should've been the locked lobby and the clerk behind glass. But since it was so late, we paid and went to our room -- only to find it hadn't been cleaned, beds unmade, unflushed filthy toilet. Should've left then...but took another room. Carpets are stained; upholstery is dirty and soiled; sheets are thin, gray and full of holes. Yuk. I went back to ask for additional sheets to toss over the blankets (who in their right mind would touch a hotel blanket?) and the clerk said they're "locked up." Locked from who? Only he feels safe, certainly not us when the parking lot is full of loitering ghetto types, shirtless, dirty men smoking and tossing butts in the parking lot. It's only midnight and I can't wait to leave in the morning -- just hoping our nice Suburban will still be here -- with windows intact. We're sleeping with the AC turned off to listen for breaking glass.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Oxon Hill, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

I'm staying here for a couple nights until I get over a cold (so my friends don't catch it), but this place is big time ghetto. Driving up I saw people fighting in the middle of a parking lot. The management hides behind bullet proof glass. People just walk around aimlessly at night. The walls are so thin I can hear every word said clearly. Loud music plays at random times (like 1:30 AM). I was thinking of taking a trip to see the capital, but I fear for my safety on the long walk to the metro (4 miles)... and I'm a 6'3" 27 yr old male. They do have wireless internet, but it is not fast enough to stream low quality youtube videos. The room is clean, but has that musty smoked-in cheap hotel smell. Four of the seven total lights work. The sign on the door says that the hotel is only liable for $300 if you get robbed unless your items are in the safe (yes, there's a safe in the room). When I got here, a cop car was sitting in the parking lot, but he left 10 minutes later and I haven't seen another. I'll be staying in the room my entire stay. If you want my advice, bring a gun, otherwise avoid this place like the plague. Lots of fast food places nearby though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I can't believe this place represents the Red Roof chain. I filed a complaint with corporate after the lady at the front desk said, and I quote (" Sorry,I guess to you we all look alike ..huh?") My jaw dropped!! I had to endure 4 weeks of staying here. They didn't tell me I had to register every week so on Saturday morning they sent the police to my door beating on it telling me I need to get out. I told him I had a four week reservation and he said that's not his problem. I had to go to the front desk and they said this was standard procedure. You can't believe the attitudes here. They are rude, unapologetic,bull headed and stubborn here. They just don't give a crap. The area is dangerous. There is always a cop in the parking lot. The rooms have bugs in them. I woke up in the morning and a roach actually managed to crawl his way into my lighter!! (I will attach photo soon) I hope you think twice about stopping here. I wouldn't wish this place on anyone!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!