“No coffee in room and no drink machines” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6170 Oxon Hill Road, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Oxon Hill, Maryland
“No coffee in room and no drink machines”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

There is no coffee in room and when I went to front desk they were out and said they were closed for evening. It was 6:15 pm. So then I thought well I will just get a drink. Well they have no working drink machines. So in order to get something to drink I would either have to walk to nearest store or drive somewhere.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I just like to say miss Barbara that work at the front desk is phenomenal she goes out the way to satisfy every customer that comes in through the front door she really makes my stay very constable this is the only red roof I like to stay at because I miss Barbara I just like to say thank you Miss Barbara for being who you are and making my stay very comfortable

Stayed January 2016, traveled on business
San Juan, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2015

All of the hotel staff were friendly and did an excellent job at maintaining the facilities clean and organized. We had clean towels every day! The beds were not the best, but comfortable enough to have a good rest after a tired sum day full of activities in D.C. The shower water pressure was strong and with hot water. The fridge, A/C and microwave worked perfectly. The rooms are very quiet and the neighborhood was busy, but not noisy. A lot of store, places to eat around the area. There is also a movie theatre located right in front of the hotel. There are only two things that I would say were not satisfying. Number one, even though the room was supposed to be 100% Smoke Free, you could definitely "smell" the "smoke" inside the room as soon as you open the door. I detest this smell (stink)! But since we drove over seven (7) hours from our home to this hotel, we were too tired to say something. And to be quite honest, the "smell" stopped bothering (too much)us after the first night. The second might actually be my fault, since I probably didn't notice on the room description (web page), the fact that the room did not come with an iron. Oh, and they have satellite tv service, and on the last two days it was raining outside. So the tv viewing quality was horrible to say the least.

Room Tip: choose second or third floors. parking lot is right in front of the rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed September 2015, traveled with family
      Location
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, October 25, 2015
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Oxon Hill Red Roof. I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. And please accept our sincerest apologies for room smelled like smoke.

Bikas (GM)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2015

I was part of a group staying at this hotel. My room, on the 3rd floor had almost no issues. My colleague, staying on the first floor had a couple of problems. First, the hotel allows refrigerated trucks to park on-site, which can disturb guests. She moved in the middle of the night to a room closer to the front of the hotel. When she got settled in, she discovered that a screw was holding the handle of her door, to the locking mechanism. A second colleague was overcharged for her room, by 50%. I reported to the night auditor, that the candy machine was not taking any form of payment, and she replied that it was still broken. The next day the vendor had addressed the issues, but the machine was still not taking credit cards.
Also, the hotel charges your credit card for the entire stay when you check in, it is not a hold, but a full charge. I asked to turn on movies, only to be told that my credit card had been closed out, and I would need to give them another credit card imprint. When I did this, they charged my card again, for $50 incidental deposit. At checkout, they had to refund the incidental deposit, but the desk clerk could not figure out how to remove the safe charge (which is automatically added). She said it was removed, but there was no credit for the charges, when she handed me the reprinted receipt. I had to call the night auditor to get them to properly remove the charges.

Room Tip: 3rd floor gives you the best internet, as the transmitter is located there.
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank BRDave225
Please accept our sincerest apologies for truck noise and candy machine was not working. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Thanks,
Bikas
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

Ever hear of you get what you paid for? This applies to this hotel. During my trip to Washington DC, I decided to go a bit cheaper and booked this hotel.

There are no amenities, its motel styled with all the room facing outwards, there was plenty of free parking and the room was clean. Check in was quick and so was checking out.

The problem was the area it was located at, its not a bad drive out of D.C but the neighborhood is not that great, or safe in my opinion. There is a bank by it, we seen couple having intercourse outside in the parking lot as well as below us seem to be something shady going on. Random men were coming and in out of that room, stuff being passed around and so on.

The pluming needs some work, when ever someone flushed the toilet in adjacent room to us, we hear it. The A.C also made some humming noise which made it hard to fall asleep to.

Never the less, I got what I paid for. It was good for 2 night stay.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
1 Thank Es I
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Oxon Hill Red Roof.. Please accept our sincerest apologies for Ac noise.
I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you

Very truly yours,
Bikas

Massillon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2015 via mobile

20 minute drive to DC, surrounded by restaurants and shops. This hotel could use a renovation. You can tell it is older, but it is cheap and close to the city. Rooms aren't too small, great water pressure, microwave, refrigerator, nice TV, and plenty of outlets available. The staff is very nice! However, when we returned from the city at about 11:30 pm, there was a police officer at the hotel. He walked past all the rooms and around the hotel. Not sure if something happened or if they just patrolled every once in a while because the neighborhood is not the nicest. Overall, we had a good stay with no issues.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
2 Thank Jodooo
i0181, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2015
Thank you very much for your comments about our rooms and staff. It is our desire that our guests have a great experience during their stay with us and so we always appreciate receiving a positive feedback. I have shared your comments with the rest of the team and I can assure you that it has been a great encouragement to us as we continue to improve our product and services. Thank you again !!

Bikas(GM)
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington, D.C. - Alexandria
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, D.C. Area

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Oxon Hill? Share your experiences!