“False advertisements” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Hotel National Harbor

You added Clarion Hotel National Harbor to your Saves list
Clarion Hotel National Harbor
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6400 Oxon Hill Rd, Oxon Hill, MD 20745 (Formerly Lexington Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Baltimore, MD
“False advertisements”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel with my 4 year old daughter so that we could visit the National Harbor and just hang out in the DC area. I booked at this location after reading reviews, comparing prices, and checking the amenities that we wanted. Those amenities included, (free) continental breakfast, pool, microwave and refrigerator. According to Trip Advisor and another review site, this place not only had free breakfast and the other amenities I desired, but it also had a game room/arcade. So, I booked it!

When I got to my room, there was no microwave or refrigerator in it. I called to the front desk and was told that they are not in every room. I also asked about the free breakfast and was informed that such did not exist. They did, however, allow me to switch rooms to one with the microwave and fridge.

My daughter and I went to the basement to go to the pool. The pool was freezing cold. The lifeguard told me that the heater was broken and that's why the water was so frigid. So, we left. We later went to the front desk to inquire where the arcarde was and the receptionist looked at me like I was crazy as she said, "We don't have one here".

I was sooo disappointed. I was planning to stay another night, but instead looked into the Comfort Inn directly across the street that was the same price.

This place is very close (driving) to the Natinal Harbor and the customer service was good, but I was very upset because of the false advertisements. For this price, you would expect newer amenities such as flat screen TVs or updated pools, etc.

I doubt it if I will ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a microwave and fridge. Otherwise, you won't get it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My church traveled from NC for a celebration that was being held in the hotel banquet hall. When we arrived at 3:30 am after a 7 hour drive, several of us were forced to change rooms because of mold in the rooms. The manager was EXTREMELY rude when we complained about the service, the cleanliness. The rooms were not cleaned during our entire stay. The pool so the kids could swim didnt open until 6:30 pm. The TV's were so outdated I needed rabbit ears. It just was a horrible experience. I highly recommend you NOT stay at this hotel unless it's free and they pay you to stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here in June 2013 with my mother, husband and twin 2 year olds. We were staying to visit DC and also do a walk in the National Harbour. The National Harbour is 5 minutes away via car and the monuments 20 minutes with traffic. I was very nervous after booking this and reading all the reviews below. However, our experience was nothing like the other described. We did have a room on the 8th floor and my mother is a rewards member, I'm not sure if that made a difference.
The Good
Check in was quick. Location was good. Luggage carts available at check in and check out. Room was clean, beds comfortable and enough room to have all 5 of us (plus the 2 pack n plays) fit comfortably in the room.
Shower water pressure was amazing.
Elevators were fast.
Room was clean, I had no problems letting my children play on the beds, on the floor etc.
The Bad
a bit noisy in the front of the building. But that's what you get with the convenient access to the highway
the pool was closed
the room did not have a fridge, or HBO as advertised
the breakfast was not included and the restaurant didn't open until 8am
the fire extinguisher in the hallway was Padlocked! This is big big No No. Please fix this asap!

All that being said, we would def stay here again. It was a great value and great location for the places we wanted to visit.

Room Tip: rooms near the front are noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my son for a class trip. The bed was comfortable that is pretty much all I can say positive about this hotel. The website clearly states free internet and fitness center. I guess you can call the free wireless, the 3 routers they had for the 100+ students there on class trips. When you ask the front desk if there was any other options, like hooking up your laptop to a lan line in the business center. The answer I got was I could go sit in the hall on the 7th floor because that is where the signal is the strongest because they do not offer lan lines. So I did what I could in the business center that was 100+ dgreees with no fan or air circulating, went to print off documents, the printer did not work. Now the wonderful fitness center, well if that's what they want to call it they had 2 treadmils, 1 worked as in turned on that's all it did, the other was broke in the up inclinded postion and did not turn on. They also, had an eliptical and bicycle. Don't bring music because your music will be drowned out by the very loud classical music playing in there. Also, it's a great sauna in there as this room also has no air flow so it was extremely hot and humid since it was attached to the pool. I brought all this up to the front desk and every employee just chuckled and said yeah we know. So it was very obvious they don't care what their guests needs are at this hotel. Lastly, don't plan to sleep if you go in the summer during school trip season, they halls are very loud and uncontrolled.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Horrible service, manager was very condensing when complaining about service, cleaned my own room when it was not cleaned. Called the front desk twice and room still was not cleaned. Too much noise in hotel. Was not accommodating to me even though we were there with family reunio. Just a bad experience overall. Will never stay there again and will not recommend any family reunions to be held there.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is horrible, its old, rundown, no modern amenties ( refrig., microwave, or tv's). I could not believe you are charging so much money for such a rundown hotel, the company ought to be ashamed to call this a Clarion. I will never stay there again will tell everyone about how awful it was. I couldn't even sleep there, I left before 8am, could not wait to get out.

Room Tip: Never again
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was a conveniently located and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing I can say about it. There was a police car in front of the hotel when I arrived, and it had returned on the day I departed. The hotel design and decor had been intended as a 3 star, however the clientele and lack of a good cleaning would bring it down to 2 stars or lower. The elevator appeared as though a herd of goats had just come through with dirt caked on the interior frame. There were pubic hairs left in the shower. I think I'll stop there. Not recommended if one values safety or cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Clarion Hotel National Harbor? Share your experiences!