“Family reunion” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Harborside Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Harborside Hotel to your Saves list
Harborside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6400 Oxon Hill Rd, Oxon Hill, MD 20745 (Formerly Clarion Hotel National Harbor)   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Mount Vernon, New York
“Family reunion”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Horrible service, manager was very condensing when complaining about service, cleaned my own room when it was not cleaned. Called the front desk twice and room still was not cleaned. Too much noise in hotel. Was not accommodating to me even though we were there with family reunio. Just a bad experience overall. Will never stay there again and will not recommend any family reunions to be held there.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Silver Spring, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is horrible, its old, rundown, no modern amenties ( refrig., microwave, or tv's). I could not believe you are charging so much money for such a rundown hotel, the company ought to be ashamed to call this a Clarion. I will never stay there again will tell everyone about how awful it was. I couldn't even sleep there, I left before 8am, could not wait to get out.

Room Tip: Never again
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as it was a conveniently located and reasonably priced. Unfortunately, that is the only good thing I can say about it. There was a police car in front of the hotel when I arrived, and it had returned on the day I departed. The hotel design and decor had been intended as a 3 star, however the clientele and lack of a good cleaning would bring it down to 2 stars or lower. The elevator appeared as though a herd of goats had just come through with dirt caked on the interior frame. There were pubic hairs left in the shower. I think I'll stop there. Not recommended if one values safety or cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I happened to be in town for an event at the Gaylord National and due to budget restrictions was not able to afford the rooms there. I was a little worried about staying here after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor but I can tell you that either something has changed in the last couple of months or maybe these comments need review from the hotel's management.

My room was clean, had no bugs in it and everything was in working order. The furniture is a little outdated and there are no flat screen TV's yet. The front desk staff was very welcoming every time I walked in the door and whenever I needed anything they were a phone call away. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a convention at the large convention center hotel nearby at the Harbor. Co-worked booked a block of rooms, so i stayed here. Due to our company's challenging and sometimes downright pitiful hotel budgets, I've become a master of hotel booking sites and usually stay in a 3.5 or 4-star for the same price paid here: over $130/ night for the clarion. *Minimal* amenities: (coffee in room, um.... I would say shampoo/conditioner in room but they didn't give me any). No breakfast included, which is usually the case in most budget hotels. Internet works marginally. Room had stains on the walls, stained carpet, a broken toilet (cracked), my bed had a disgusting yellow stain on the bed AFTER they cleaned the sheets. It's in a terrible area - while close to the Harbor ($12 taxi/ 10 mins) the clarion specifically is in a bad strip/block/ (I'm told it is "getting better") - I wouldn't walk/shop/dine anywhere within the immediate area. There is a 'lounge' which I wouldn't expect you'd want to get a drink at (a makeshift counter in lobby which closes at 10).

Did I mention I didn't get shampoo/conditioner/soap? In their defense however, they did provide these when I went to front desk, along with shaving cream.

For the same price, I could have gotten 3-3.5 star hotels in Alexandria ($15 taxi/15 minutes) or a 4-star for 20% more. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013
Phenix City, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were on a school trip to the D.C. area and stayed at this hotel for two nights. The rooms smelled like smoke at first, even though it was supposed to be a smoke free hotel. The air conditioners were not working the first 24 hours, and the rooms were just so-so. No fridge as most places have and really strange bathroom set-ups. The beds were comfy though and the food that they had for us in the mornings was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Waterford, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on a school trip with 48 kids and 5 chaperones. On the first night, we had to switch two rooms due to the bugs in the beds and on the walls. When we awoke the next morning, none of the three elevators were working and for the next two nights we had to walk down/up 6 flights of stairs.

The breakfast we had was okay, but as all the workers stood around, they yelled at the kids to clean their own dishes and service the tables as the workers just stood around.

We bring our students every year to Washington DC but will never return here.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
The Westin Washington National Harbor
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington

Been to Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!