Very big hotel. Hotel did great job on meals,etc. everything very clean. Housekeeping was great. Bell captain staff great. Pool and terrace area very pretty. View of Potomac very pretty. I've got to say though the glass enclosed river side kind of gave me claustrophobia. I kind of felt like I was part of that TV show Under the Dome. Most people loved it. National Harbor is a recent planned development with several restaurants all within 3-4 block walk. Several with outside terraces for dining. Very safe area. You are outside the beltway. Shopping in Natl Harbor limited. Tanger Outlet approx 1 mile away. Could walk or $5 cab ride for 2 people with cab arranged by hotel transportation desk. Everything is new construction in development. They are building a casino(MGM Grand?) at opposite end of National Harbor. Ferry available to Alexandria or Mount Vernon that can be accessed at hotel or 3 block walk to central dock. Most of restaurants outside hotel are $$$ but there are some $-$$ options and a McDonald's within an easy walking distance. Transportation desk at hotel very helpful. They have a shuttle (for charge) to DC/National Mall or will help with cab. Metro does not come to National Harbor. I did cabs and ferry to Alexandria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill