The hotel is over priced. I'd rather pay for a cheap hotel with a nice staff than an expensive hotel and be disrespected. It seemed that all employees had a mission and it was not to please you. It was pretty chaotic and you could tell the staff felt that way at the restaurants. The elevators are PACKED, especially during check in time. Everything is wayyy overpriced. The "ICE" show was very pretty but VERY COLD! Please remember to take gloves, a hat and a giant coat. A parka is provided but is not enough, you need a coat too! Beware of the fees and use the coupon book they give you for the free giant cookies, it was a nice touch. The towels smelled, the only words I can think of to describe the smell is rubber, dirt and industrial. Let's just say, I would rather be home, looking at Christmas lights around my neighborhood than spend this kind of money. The lights were pretty but not as spectacular as I expected. I was very disappointed and expected SO much more. Upon checkout, the bell staff was rude, the check out attendant was rude and we would not recommend it again. I'm a pretty happy-go-lucky person and don't expect much. I was very sad with this hotel and feel it was a waste of a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill