I stayed at this hotel for an event. The room was very clean and everything worked (e.g., hot water, iron, etc.). The room was relatively quiet. My only complaint at the hotel is the National Pastime restaurant. When the restaurant was crowded, we had to wait 2.5 hours to get our food. However, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. (The area outside the hotel is safe and very walkable.)
The fitness center in the hotel is nicely sized (larger than most). It had a nice selection of dumbbells. It had just a few Nautilus-style machines and some treadmills and bikes. So, the selection of exercise equipment was a bit better than what you usually see. I believe that the fitness center was open 24-hours.
There is a convenience store, of sorts, on the atrium level of the hotel where you can purchase bottles of water. However, two bottles of water are complimentary each day. (This is definitely good if you will be busy and may not have time to pick up any water.)
Unfortunately, the hotel room did not seem to have a safe to lock up valuables.
In terms of the layout of the hotel for events, I always find the "Convention Center" side of the hotel confusing. You can access the Convention Center from the second floor of the hotel as they connect to each other.
The fifth floor of the hotel has Room 5221 on the hotel side which can be used for a private party. If you enter the room, you will soon see that it is an "open" space and you will be able to see the holiday decorations which are up in the main area of the hotel's open space. Quite a nice site.
There is a CVS which is just a few blocks from the hotel (near the restuarants and such).
There are generally taxi cabs always waiting outside of the hotel. The hotel is about 15-20 minutes away from Reagan National Airport (DCA).
All in all, staying at this hotel was a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill