We just returned today from a convention at the Gaylord overlooking the Potomac River. Yes it is definitely designed for conventions, but at the same time is so comfortable for the "normal guest/traveler". We find it relaxing but very expensive because of all the "taxes" on top of room charges. The food in the restaurants is wonderful. The rooms are very fresh and clean. The staff is definitely well trained. If you are driving, it is close to Alexandria, Va. (also accessible by water taxi from the hotel)---a beautiful city--and to Washington D.C. We also stayed there two years ago during the Christmas season for our anniversary. The hotel was beautiful! The exquisite holiday ice sculptures (separate from the hotel-tickets required-) was fascinating! Our choice of rooms -overlooking the atrium with a balcony-especially during the holidays. We will return again.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.