Because of a back injury which prevents me from shipping my luggage, I have been shipping my luggage to hotels via FedEx for over a year. This worked flawlessly a numerous hotels - the box would sit in the bellman area till I arrived and then they would bring it up to my room for no charge. And to send it home I preprinted labels, the bellman picked it up and fedex ground would pick it up for no charge.
Not so at the Gaylord resort. Because there is an actual fedex office in the adjoining conference room (which you'd think makes it easier for them), they charged a $30 handling fee to receive two boxes totaling 30 pounds, and a $25 handling fee to bring it to my room (their facility was steps from the elevator). I tried to avoid this (and the incredible frustration it creates) on the outbound trip by having a bellman come up. Sure enough, I get a call 10min later from the assistant manager complaining they can't see the fedex account number on my preprinted label. When I asked why they needed it, they said they needed to charge me another $30 handling fee! So basically it costs $53 to ship these 2 boxes across the country and $55 to ship them the last 1/4 mile within the hotel to my room.
I'm switching to UPS.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill