The Gaylord in National Harbour is probably the most interesting hotels I've ever stayed in. We stayed for my daughters birthday and received a huge discount on our room. We had to show her birth certificate as proof. Understandable. I thought we would be given a dumpy room in a dark part of the property but boy was I wrong! We were given a room which was one floor down from the top floor and dead center of the length of the atrium. The room was immaculate and very well appointed. Beds were comfy. We had a balcony over the atrium giving us a birds-eye view of it all. The atrium was freaking massive, overlooking shops, restaurants and a beautiful, colorful, fountain which is synced to music. It is also enclosed in glass, giving a gorgeous view of the sky and allowing guests to shop/peruse the odd shops in inclement weather. How many other hotels offer that? Not many! My kids loved it! We could walk around the hotel and be fully entertained. They also have a nice gym and pool. We are hoping to return soon!
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Olotels, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.