“An Enclosed Village” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Waterfront St, National Harbor, Prince George’s County, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas on the Potomac
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Los Angeles, California
“An Enclosed Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Great convention resort with all the feel of an outdoor village enclosed in a gigantic atrium. Each of the stores in the is located in a cottage in the village. a short ferry to Old Town Alexandria is ideal for shopping and great food.

Room Tip: Eat at the steak house it is great
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a special event given by the company he works for. The hotel is huge and very clean. I loved the large open indoor area with tables and chairs, water fountain and trees giving the area a nice outdoor, relaxing feel. You can grab a cup of coffee or light lunch and sit in this open area, or look through the little shops. Very nice. The room was clean. Our view was not the best. We had a view of the parking lot. Other rooms had views of the river. My only complaint was the Spa. My husband's company paid for us to have a spa treatment. I chose a mini facial. It was the worst facial I have ever had. The spa area was very nice. It had a nice relaxing waiting area and the staff (up to the point of my facial) was very nice. The person that did my facial was not very friendly and clearly had no experience. She made me feel very uncomfortable (kept covering my ENTIRE face with a hot towel) for this "mini facial". I couldn't wait for the treatment to end. I am sure that it was just the person I had because I heard others say they loved their treatments. The cocktail hour and food for the venue was really good and the staff did a great job of keeping up with food and drink requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wappingers Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here with my family during Labor Day weekend. This hotel is right off of the water so the views are spectacular. The service was above average with minor exceptions. The exception: one day our room was not serviced until after 4pm. Not a good look at all. Now for the tips: ask for a room next to an elevator. This hotel is HUGE and we were about a 2-3 minute walk from our elevator. I'm in decent shape but going from the lobby to my room multiple times was a bit much. next tip. Valet parking is $34, Hotel self parking is $24, parking across the street (municipal) $13 a day. Park across the street is a much better option. It's the same walking distance as the hotel self park. Restaurant food at the sports bar was ok, but a bit pricey. Better options at the restaurants across the street. Overall, we enjoyed our stay & would come back.

Room Tip: Ask for room by elevators, and self park across the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed here for an industry conference earlier this year. The staff was very helpful and catered to whatever need I had. The rooms were well kept, and the beds were very comfortable. The food at the onsite restaurants was great. One of my favorite things about this hotel was the live jazz piano and sax music at the lobby bar. The view of the Potomac from the lobby bar+ the music + a nice drink = a great way to relax at the end of a long day. The location is great as well. It is within a short walk to a bunch of great waterfront restaurants and shops.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here for a very large conference. I was impressed with the cleanliness of this giant hotel. A very pleasant and friendly check in with rooms available early. The convention space is quite nice but a bit confusing to navigate. There are a few pleasant shops within the hotel as well as a quite pleasing shopping and eating district right out the front door.

Room Tip: There are some rooms at this hotel that are far from the main central elevators. If that is importan...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My family stayed there during the labor day weekend and we really had a blast because of the activities going on in nearby national harbor. Our room rate was originally $249/night as we chose to stay in a room with atrium view and we made reservations 2 weeks prior. Breakfast was not included. Our requests when we reserved were early check in, extra pillows and extra towels. Final room rate was $331/night and when we arrived, none of our requests were realized! Nevertheless, we had a great family bonding time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Read my title. The only reason I'm expanding this is because Trip Advisor says it has to be 200 characters. From parking, to check in, to the room, to the restaurants, to the conference center, to the atmosphere and service...Gaylord Nation, you guys rock!!!! Just a tad bit pricey, but check the website for discounts and coupons. I was on a expense paid trip for work. Awesome!!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!