We stayed 4 nights at this hotel for a convention - in excess of $300 a night. Room was very comfortable and clean, but with two women sharing a room (due to convention budget) and taking showers every day, you would think that the soaps and shampoo would be replaced - NOT. We could take the soap not being replaced, as we had brought some of our own for the shower, but quickly ran out of shampoo and conditioner. After two days of no replacement, we had to go downstairs to put in a request. Additionally, there is a bus service that takes you into DC from the hotel. You book it through the hotel, pay there and you are off. Well, not exactly. We paid for the shuttle, but the computers were down. The attendant at the desk couldn't be bothered with a receipt and stated the bus would take our word for it - again NOT! We had to tell the driver the situation and he had to go inside to discover what was going on. That evening the computers were still not up, but a different attendant was at the desk and couldn't understand why the original attendant wouldn't give receipt. New attendant happily provided a receipt so I could board shuttle on day two while roommate attended the convention. I was disappointed at the lack of service at such an expensive hotel. I have received better service at mom & pops and at Hyatt's, Holiday Inns and Marriotts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill