We stayed at the Gaylord as it was hosting our daughter's college graduation. Had it not been for that we most likely would have opted for one of the other hotels in National Harbor, and there are quite a few to choose from.
We are so glad that we stayed at the Gaylord, and if you try it you will be too.
This is one fantastic hotel from its size, to the dining options, but most importantly, the friendly staff.
A couple of tips: If you do go, try to be there for the Saturday night to see the fire works! And, take the water taxi across the Potomac River to Old Town Alexandria.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill