Like a lot of people, I wound up here as I was attending an industry function. After all, if you are on vacation, you'll want to stay closer to central Washington DC itself.
I spent four nights here. The room was clean, the bed comfy. But for $247/night plus tax it was lacking. A cheap in-room coffee maker with lousy coffee. No mini-bar. So-so TV.
The larger facility is nice, but you feel like you are in Disneyland. Lots or glitz, but little substance. In general, the food was very lacking from the hotel and the various restaurants on the site.
The conference facilities are very good. Lots of big rooms.
There are a few restaurants across the street from the Gaylord, but those tend to be large chains as well.
In summary, not a terrible conference experience, but not memorable either. But if it is on your own nickel, find some other place to stay for a better Washington DC-area experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill