Gaylord National is not as big as Gaylord Nashville. The atrium is smaller and there are fewer shops and restaurants. I stayed three night for a conference and found the hotel to be modern and clean. This is a resort so expect a fee of $15 extra dollars. This hotel is not near to DC and the closest subway is about four miles. We took the taxi from Reagan National Airport and the fare was around $36 plus tip. There is also a shuttle that runs ever 20 minutes that costs $18/person. We ate at the National Pastime sports bar/restaurant...hamburger, fries and drink were around $20. The other food options include a buffet for around $20, the Old Hickory which is very pricey and a sandwich shop. There are many restaurants across the street. The restaurants are moderate to expensive. A McDonald's and Subway have just opened about three blocks away. There is also a CVS and a food market nearby. We ate twice at the Rosa Mexicano restaurant which had wonderful food and the best sangria that I have ever had. The Potbelly restaurant was great for lunch...good sandwiches and salads. We took the three hour Night Tour of DC offered by the hotel for $49 a person. The tour was great and our guide knowledgable and entertaining. There is a water taxi to Alexandria for about $16 round trip. It was good for a business trip but would not be economical for me to take my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill