Check-in took an inordinate amount of time. We stayed two nights and the room was not cleaned once in spite of it being vacant most of the morning and afternoon. The bar was being renovated so all drinks were in plastic cups. This was ridiculous. I assume the glasses weren’t being renovated. It was just easier to serve drinks in plastic rather than carry clean and dirty glasses from one place to another. We were completely turned off by this and only had one drink at the bar. I mistakenly asked the information desk a question I should have asked the concierge and the girl behind the desk seems incredibly inconvenienced. Overall, this is not a destination hotel. I don’t mind paying for service, but the prices here are disproportional to the level of service and location. Defiantly designed to screw the conference crowd. There isn’t much to do at the national Harbor and the service in general everywhere is lackluster. I assume this is a popular conference destination because it’s a large venue with a multitude of conference space. Fortunately for us, one night was free and the other at a great rate. I would never pay full price to stay here and most likely would not return considering Old Town Alexandria is across the river and much nicer. After all the MD taxes are added on to the final total, I nearly passed out. It’s ridiculous. The National Harbor needs a casino bad if its going to survive. It’s the type of place you only visit once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill