This is a beautiful, HUGE complex. The staff was very friendly and, for the most part, eager to please. During the check-in process, managers were on hand to keep lines moving. We were there for a regional volleyball tournament being held in the adjacent exhibition hall and I think the hotel was pretty much full. When it came to meal times (i.e. breakfast and dinner), lines were very long -- Java Coffee House lines were exceptionally long and service was exceptionally slow. Wait time for dinner at National Pastime Sports Grill was an hour and a half. The Pienza dining area offered a buffet and no wait time, but the selections were limited. Fortunately, room service was a little quicker but alot more pricier when feeding kids. Towels were replaced by housekeeping when needed, but beds were never made or, at the least, straightened up. Also seemed to be in need of more elevators -- another "waiting " issue. I'm not sure this place is ready for the crowd or the use it was intended to handle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill