as posted before I am a Platinum Lifetime member with Marriott (obvi very brand loyal). We checked into this hotel/convention center (keep in mind convention center) and I was actually very disappointed. Thank God I wasn't paying for this stay which was $300 per night. Didn't seem like they would be full as it was the day after Easter. I have had more staff personality staying at a Fairfield Inn than here. No smiles, no welcome, no thanks for the loyalty, no anything...oh we did have two complimentary bottles of water in the room. The bar area served our wine in plastic cups. Service was terrible throughout. Even my youngest said "dad, this doesn't seem like a Marriott"! Funny she would be so observant. She has stayed with me in numerous awesome Marriott properties.
Everyone seemed "busy" but not accommodating. The valet picked up my room call on their speaker phone and could have cared less about retrieval of my car. This property is located across the GW bridge from Old Town Alexandria,VA (a place I wish we had stayed) in a, currently being renovated, section of PG County, Maryland.
I would house a convention group there since they are familiar to being housed and treated like cattle but I would not bring my family back to this property again. Actually, I wouldn't even house a convention group here. Sorry for flip flopping
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.