I was there for a conference. The room was nice and specious. The hotel is huge, but there's different restaurants and shops inside the hotel. There's also a lot restaurants and shops outside the hotel all within walking distance. Transportation to the hotel and anywhere outside the town was expensive. We used public transportation to get to DC, bus and then a transfer to the metro, very easy but time consuming about and hour to get there.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.