My husband and I, as well as our 12 year old son stayed here for 5 nights in January 2013. We chose the Gaylord because our older son was at the same hotel for a convention of high school students and we wanted to be close to him. Our room was very comfortable and quiet. This hotel is HUGE, which is a benefit when you have close to 2,000 high school students also staying there! We scarcely noticed them. The overall decor is impressive and elegant. Again, this is a LARGE facility with a great deal of walking involved. The hotel restaurants are fine- nothing special but certainly above average. We did enjoy the substantial breakfast buffet every morning. In order to take public transportation into Washington D.C. we had to take a cab ($20 each way) to the station in Alexandria. The hotel shuttle was $20 per person so the cab was a better deal. My only complaint is that a hotel of this size could have offered a more reasonable shuttle service for it's guests. All in all a good experience.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Hotel
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Olotels, Priceline, Stentorian NV, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.