I have stayed at all the Gaylord hotels at least four times each,yet I only have problem with this location only. The problem is the front staff. The issue is the upsale and billing. First time we stayed here, the front desk advised us, if we wanted a connecting room we have to upgrade our rooms to rooms which is facing in. When you have kids with you, you pay the extra $40 dollars per room. Last month we had comvention again, they tried to upgrade our room, but this time we refuesed....and guess what the regular room are connecting as well. We saved $400. But wait, we got charged for valet parking on both rooms and self parking on one room. We came with one car only. If my husband did not check the invoice, they would have gotten away with this. We advised our friends as well, they checked their invoices and they had issues as well ie resort fee charged twice, wrong bar bills charged to the room etc. It seems all the staff is new and on commisssion. We are glad next year our convention is in nashville, hopefully, we don't have to come back here. THe rooms and the hallways are not cleaned properly, we found bunch of gummy bears at the corner beside the bed and the hallways were never vaccumed...there was a peice of paper on the carpet in the hallway, we saw it as we checked in and the same paper was still there when we checked out. The room service food was left outside for 2 days before someone removed it, most probably it was a guest because it really smelled bad...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill