I visited the Gaylord for a work conference and stayed from Sunday-Thursday in February. It was a very enjoyable experience. I've been to many conferences and this center was not as immense and was easier to access from the hotel than many others. The conference halls in the convention were typical but it provided enough space and seemed cozier and easier to navigate. It was really nice to not have to get dressed for the weather and walk 2 miles before I even got to the conference.
The rooms were perfect for my needs although the desk chair was way too heavy to move - even back away from the desk. The bathroom was immaculate and the shower was good enough pressure.
The food was ok - not great - not really bad. I ate at the sports bar during the super bowl.I had a good burger and the service by Anita was very good despite the crowd. The breakfast and lunch buffet was blah but only $14.95 for enough food.
There were a few restaurants down the street which were ok. The Cadillac Ranch had good burgers. Can you tell I like burgers?
Transportation to DC is cumbersome but we had a shuttle as a group so it wasn't a problem.
The "Resort" title was kind of mystery to me and maybe that becomes apparent in the summer. It's not the first place I would think of as a resort but then again my conference was so interesting I really wasn't in a "Resort" mentality. It did have this fountain light show in the middle of the hotel which was nice but didn't turn off during the Super Bowl.
Their business services store - the eleventh hour- was great for me. Mannie, one of their staff, really helped me solve a problem with business cards which I greatly appreciated. He and the rest of the staff were friendly and very hard working.
The front desk was fast in check in and out and helpful. The Super Shuttle to the Gaylord was only $33 round trip to Reagan Natl Airport with a prior reservation. It takes you directly from the airport to the hotel and vice versa without 15 stops at other hotels.
I would definitely recommend the Gaylord for a conference destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened along the banks of the Potomac, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is the newest monumental addition to the national capital region. With 2,000 luxurious guest rooms, including 110 lavish suites, and 470,000 square feet of meeting, convention and exhibition space, it’s the largest combined hotel and convention center on the Eastern Seaboard. Here, guests will also enjoy four signature restaurants, a 20,000-square-foot spa, the area’s hottest ultra lounge, elegant retail shops and a magnificent waterfront promenade boasting a full-service marina and views of nearby Washington D.C. and Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Gaylord National will be the cornerstone of the highly anticipated National Harbor project, a 300-acre waterfront destination offering world-class dining, retail and entertainment venues in Prince Georges County, MD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Reservation Counter, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord National Hotel Oxon Hill
- Gaylord National Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord National Oxon Hill