“Beautiful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center

You added Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center to your Saves list
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 Waterfront St, National Harbor, Prince George’s County, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Christmas on the Potomac
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Atlanta
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Gaylord during the innaugural weekend and had a ball. This hotel is very nice and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. Even after giant mixup about the hold on the room. Turns out they were right and although I was annoyed, the desk person took the time to explain without giving me back the attitude I was giving him. I apologized when I realized my mistake but wanted to mention the professionalism displayed during the entire incident. Kudos to Gaylord for exemplary training.

The rooms were clean and spacious. I took another reviewer's advice about requesting a high room without a balcony because of noise issues, but was a bit jealous when I look up from the atrium and saw people enjoying coffee from their balcony. I think I would have endured a little noise for that pleasure. From the desk staff to the cleaning staff, I found this hotel to be fantastic. As another reviewer mentioned, it is a haul to DC so consider that in your decision to stay here, but that was the only negative aspect of this hotel I could find. Actually, no, I thought the resort fee a bit excessive.

Room Tip: High rooms are great. I would ask for a balcony facing the atrium just for the view of the harbor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (796)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Excellent hotel, very spacious and perfect frame for a big event. The National Harbor is very beautiful.
Is a bit far from Wasington DC (about 20 minutes) and a taxi to the Capitolio costs U.S. $ 40.00

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were attending a party at the Gaylord National with friends. Our room reservations were mixed up but they were able to fix it...sorta.
On Saturday we went for breakfast and met the chef... who showed us everything that was offered for the buffet. Told us to select anywhere to sit. Then the wait staff told us to move.
ha ha! Funny!
We did a late afteroon bite at the National Pastime cafe that was good.... before dressing for our big party.
Our maid service was perfect.
We love this place~
There was not a bill under our door for check out...that made me wonder what was happening.
Checked out at the desk. Then received 3 different serveys for the hotel...did I have 3 rooms?
Love the atrium view!
There are Executive suites with atrium view-they go quickly!
$22 a day to have your car sit in parking...or spend more for valet.
Jennifer and Russell went out of their way to help us.

Room Tip: There are Executive suites with atrium views-they go quickly! Ask for them.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton Township, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This hotel is truly grand in scale and beauty. The atrium is fabulous but there's not a lot going on inside the hotel (other than conferences - which is why I was there in the first place.) There are lots of restaurants and a bunch of little shops just outside the main entrance in the National Harbor area which is nice but they are very boutique-ish; just not enough to keep those of us who enjoy shopping for hours busy. The National Harbor area actually seems like a pretty nice (affluent?) part of town albeit quiet.

Rooms are pretty good. They look and feel like a Marriott; clean, comfortable, mini fridge is a plus. Not very resort-feeling. But, all in all a nice room. TV has HBO and about 20 or so other channels so there was a decent selection; plus there were $4.99 on demand movies which was great to help kill some time without breaking the bank.

Distance to the National Mall is 30+ minutes via combined taxi and Metro transit. I enjoyed my stay here but wouldn't stay again if it were on my dime. I'd want to be closer to the downtown action of D.C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are $50+ per night as are rooms facing into the atrium. View of the National...
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 3 nights for a conference. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Professional staff and good service. Close to many restaurants at the harbor. They sent us a cheese plate which was very appreciated as I love cheese. Room service was very efficient, it only took around 20 minutes both times.

• Stayed January 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This resort is the nicest, most accomodating, beautiful, and amenity rich hotel that we have stayed at in the DC area...and we are here frequently on business. From the enormous atrium overlooking the National Harbor, to the 60-ft. Christmas tree suspended over the old fashioned village set up below, to the water displays, stream, little bridge, restaurants, the gym, arcade, and then there's the pool: it's all so extraordinary. The rooms are well equipped, the beds are extra comfortable, not to mention spotless. The views are spectacular and there is sooooo much for people of all ages to do. We stayed there twice in December and the second time surpassed the first only because we were more familiar with the property; therefore, able to avail ourselves of all this resort offers. There is much to do within the National Harbor vicinity and DC is a stone's throw from here, but we found no reason to leave the property: it is that amazing!

Room Tip: Ask for an atrium or water view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place is just great. You are welcomed from the minute you walk in the door. The staff checking you in is just so pleasant and knowledgeable. They even told me that if I need anything that you just press the smiley face on the phone lol.
The resort itself is beautiful. I couldn’t believe the size of it. I was there for a seminar and it looked like they had rooms as large as football fields. The rooms were very nice. I had a view of the Potomac. They have a nightclub located on the 18th floor for hotel guest. Nice. There is a deck outside but it was too cold to hang out there. They still had some of the Christmas decorations up and from what I can see it must have been an amazing display. They do have a little water show that was interesting. It’s not the Bellagio but it was still nice. There are a few restaurants in this resort and my favorite was the steak house (I’m a meat and potatoes man). I met a few guest during dinner and we ended up hanging out for the rest of the night. We had a blast.
Too bad it was too cold out although I did get the chance on my last full day there for a short period of time to go out for a little walk. I found quite a few shops and restaurants. You have to try the Chinese restaurant across the street. I can’t remember the name but you’ll enjoy it. Even if you don’t get to eat, just go in and check it out. Look for the floor to ceiling Buddha. There is a sports bar across the street. There is a DJ that starts at 10:00pm. Unfortunately he was off the night I was there. Just so you know Canadians know how to party lol.
My only issue is the parking. I would like to go back during the summer or sometime in after the high season is over (from what I hear it gets very busy during the summer) but if you drive there you’ll have to park and I think the price for parking is $20.00 per day. One of my major irritations with hotels is that you have to pay to park there. If you’re going to be there for a few days it’s going to be costly. Otherwise that it’s an awesome place to visit. I suggest you give this place a try. You won’t regret it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!