“Good food, reasonable price, fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: Portuguese
“Good food, reasonable price, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate at Nandos while in the National Harbour area on business. The food was tasty, chicken was moist and well seasoned, i had mango lime and my colleague had a medium hot periperi. This is a perfect casual and relaxed place for a quick meal ( without being fast food). The ordering is a bit strange and confusing, but the atmosphere was fun with nice music. Our waitor explained the process for ordering and was quite attentive and pleasant. I would eat here again if in the area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

McLean VA
“Good chicken, meh service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The chicken was great along with the sides though the rice was room temp.
Me: Why is the breast and wing $5.45 and the boneless breast $8.99?
Cashier: You get two breasts
Food delivered ... one breast. Did not say anything.
Waitress: Is food ok?
Me: Yes. Except for the misrepresentation
W: Let me see what my manager can do
Manager: You wanted to see a manager?
Me: no
M: what is the issue?
Me: one breast instead of two
M: Sorry... I don't know why it is $8.95 (!)
Me: !!!!
M (5 mins later): yeah it's $8.95... I don't know why?!?!?
Me:(on the inside) just leave me alone so I can eat in peace.

They took 15 minutes of my time without ever offering any comp. Go to another branch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampstead, Maryland
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I learned about Nando's restaurant when I read on twitter that Beyoncé and his entourage ordered over a thousand a thousand British pounds at Nando's, while she was on tour a couple of months. My curiosity about the restaurant peaked. I found some not too PC commercial about the restaurant that would not possibly pass the FCC scrutiny. My favorite Nando's commercial is "where's my chips" and a Chuck Norris commercial on YouTube. I found out that they have a few restaurants in the USA, oh by the way, they originated from South Africa and they are worldwide, and they can only be found in the DC/VA/MD area. I made a special trip today with a family member visiting from out of town and we drove 75 miles National Harbor. The drive was very much worth it because the food was outstanding. You get seated and given a menu, you go to the cashier and tell them your table number, you order then pay, then you are given a real glass for your drink (self service). Then you go back to your table and wait for your meal. I ordered 1/2 chicken with Portuguese rice and coleslaw. My companion ordered the veggie burger with one side squash and corn. I have to tell you the chicken was flavored so yummy - with lime peri peri sauce, my goodness. I can't wait to go back again.

Visited September 2013
Oxon Hill, Maryland
“First Time at Nando's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My first experience with Nando's was a good one. I placed an online order while at work and picked it up on my way home. Didn't have to wait long for my order and the food was very good. The chicken was nice and moist and was seasoned very nicely. Will definitely order from here again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is a great location in the National Hrbor.
Too many restaurants in the area try too hard, or are waaaay too expensive. If you want a casual dinner in a nice quiet place this location is perfect. Food is simple and good.

Visited August 2013