“Great chicken/strange ordering system” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: Portuguese
Winchester, Virginia
“Great chicken/strange ordering system”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Loved the chicken-I had ordered 1/4 chicken with mango lime sauce. It was moist and very yummy. My daughter had the chicken in a pita which was equally as good if not better. The sides were delicious-smashed red potatoes, some kind of rice and my husband had the butternut squash with corn, red onions and whatever else was in there, but very good. It was strange how you sat down first, then you went up to the counter to order and then they brought the food to you. We had a short wait, about 5 minutes, maybe less. It was very inexpensive.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Las Vegas, Nevada
“The best grilled chicken!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Portuguese style grilled chicken with several sauce choices from mild to very hot! Staff at this place are very friendly and helpful! Have your chicken with sangria ~~ cheaper by the pitcher! I particularly like the boneless grilled chicken breast, grilled corn on the cob, coleslaw, and their eat-all-you-can soft serve yogurt. Nando's Peri-Peri was my favorite food at National Harbor!! Ate it almost everyday!

Hendersonville, Tennessee, United States
“Good Food at a Good Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at Wyndham National Harbor and after spending a day in DC we were looking for a place to get some dinner without spending a fortune. We had walked past Nando's the night before and it smelt wonderful and the menu looked promising so we decided to give it a try. I assume this is a chain but it's not one that has locations in Tennessee so I had not heard of it before but did see other locations while we were in the area. My husband and I both had the 1/4 chicken--he had rice and I had garlic mashed potatoes as sides. The chicken was excellent--it was cooked well and seasoned even better. They had several sauces to choose from and I tried the garlic and the medium sauce of which I enjoyed both! My dinner came with a choice of bread and I go the garlic bread--it was amazing! The mashed potatoes were just okay and I wish I had chosen another side. All in all it was a very good meal and one of the few we had in DC that didn't break the bank! Two thumbs up!

Long Island, NY
“Self Serve Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was a different atmosphere than we are used to but overall we enjoyed the food. You are seated and given a menu then you go up to the cashier to give your order. you grab your own utensils sauces and drinks but the servers bring out your food when it is ready. There were many different sauces to choose from. I believe their signature sauce is the peri-peri which is supposed to be spicy. I enjoyed my lunch. i had a chicken caesar salad and a side of fries.

Far Rockaway, New York
“Delicious but long wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We ordered takeout and had to wait for about half an hour to forty minutes for our food. It didn't bother us because we were able to walk around the area while we waited. Food was delicious!

Visited July 2013