“Great seafood! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick'

McCormick & Schmick'
145 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: "NH1" from the Branch Avenue Station, will let passengers off on Waterfront Street, one block from our location.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor. --- OUTSIDE FIRST COME FIRST SERVER ---
“Great seafood! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have been to another McCormick and Schmicks before , and this one was just as good. The food was very good. I had grilled grouper with fruit salsa and my husband had rockfish. They were both super Yummy. We also shared a delicious crab cake app and a walnut Gorgonzola salad. They were very good too. Finished the evening with upside down Apple pie with cinnamon ice cream that is out of this world. The service wasn't the best, but it was our anniversary and we weren't in a hurry. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Philadelphia
“Just Ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We decided to give McCormick and Schmidt a try while visiting the National Harbor with family. I made a reservation and we were seated promptly. We were given a table just outside of the kitchen and there were at least 15-20 staff members standing around between helping customers.

We ordered appetizers for the table and they were delivered piping hot and in good time. Entrees were delivered as soon as the app dishes were cleared. Portion sizes were ample and our server check back with is once to ask about the meal. The service and food was ok, nothing to write home about. The fried shrimp got good reviews from our party, but the crab cakes were just ok, certainly not lump crab meat with lots of breading.

Overall, a nice place to eat by the water, but not the best.

Hanover, Pennsylvania
“Worst service imaginable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have visited numerous M&S restaurants throughout the country and have always had a great experience with great food. Unfortunately, this experience was poor. I think this may have been the most incompetent server I have ever encountered.

The night started out by the server butchering the wine bottle while attempting to open it. It appeared that this was the first wine bottle he ever opened.

The wine was opened and poured for three of us and the other person in the party had ordered a mixed drink. The server apparently forgot about the mixed drink until we mentioned it.

I ordered my dinner and the server asked if wanted the soup or salad. The way it was asked, I assumed it was part of the meal (which is was not). I asked for a garden salad with vinaigrette. I eventually received a walnut salad which turned out to be an extra $10.

When dinner arrived, one person in my party received the wrong order and had to wait another 15-20 minutes for the correct order. In the mean time the rest of us were left to decide whether to eat our meal or wait until his arrived. The manager stopped by and offered a shrimp cocktail while my guest was waiting and then returned a few minutes later to tell him that they were out of shrimp cocktail.

At the end of the meal I ordered a decaf cappuccino. The waiter brought a plain coffee. He then realized his mistake and returned several minutes later with a cappuccino. I asked him if he was sure that it was decaf which he assured me it was. I found out later in the night, when I woke up at 2 am (and did not get back to sleep) that it was clearly caffeinated. I usually have no problem sleeping unless I drink caffeine. This was a critical mistake, especially if someone had a heart issue.

The manager comped one meal and provided us some other discounts. This was a business dinner so the money was not that important. However, it made for an uncomfortable evening and ruined my sleep which as important as I had an early morning presentation.

I understand that management cannot control every server, but it was clear that the training process and the screening process are awful at this restaurant. I would avoid this restaurant until it is under new management.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Jersey & Delaware
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The service inside the restaurant is much faster than outdoor dining. The food is fresh and the dining room servers are pleasant and attentive. The calamari and fried shirmp are our favorites.

Visited July 2014
Tuscola, Illinois
“A bit on the expensive side, but so is the rest of the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My first evening in the area, I was looking for a place to eat outside. After reading a number of menus in the area, I decide to eat here. I asked about one dish before I asked to be seated and was told that it was one of her favorites. The outdoor seating is right next to the giant tv screen where this evening a number of people were doing excercises and a very nice view of the harbor and other shops in the area. So people watching would be ideal from here. The tables and chairs are comfortable and there is ample seating overall. All the staff were friendly and professional. My selection was a cajun pasta that was a bit spicy, but the menu and staff warned me that it was. It and my wine were quite good, and I had a nice dinner on the shores of the Potomac for a reasonable price and I was quite delighted.

• Visited July 2014