“Crowded but worth it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick'

McCormick & Schmick'
145 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: "NH1" from the Branch Avenue Station, will let passengers off on Waterfront Street, one block from our location.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor. --- OUTSIDE FIRST COME FIRST SERVER ---
The Villages, Florida
“Crowded but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was skeptical after reading other reviews but wanted to eat seafood and this was within walking distance of my hotel. It was a Saturday night and there was a 2 hour wait so I squeezed into the bar. The bartender introduced herself and two other bartenders before asking me my name and the rest of visit addressed me by name. She cheerfully served me iced tea, recommended her top 5 entrees and I settled in. It was noisy and crowded but the place was packed. I started with the crab soup which was very good with just the right amount of spicy heat. Then upon recommendation, I ordered the parmesan encrusted flounder. What a treat! The fish was delicate and flavorful. It was served with asparagus cooked just right and a nice orzo and squash side. One miss - I was offered rolls and they never arrived but I was so full I couldn't finish my entrée so I really didn't notice. The check arrived promptly and overall I was very satisfied with the excellent service and stellar food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“I expected more from the hype I have heard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have heard great things about this chain. The food was good, but not worth the rave reviews I have read. It is a seafood joint. The prices are high and I believe this is to pay for the view.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hampshire
“Friendly service, well presented food and view of pier and promenade”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We got the boat across from Alexandria and found this place by chance. We were impressed by the waiter who, although had just joined the staff, was informative, friendly and enthusiastic. We sat outside in the sun and enjoyed the pleasant and calm atmosphere. Wines were good and food tasty and well presented. Ice creams delicious and espressos excellent. Perfect in all. Inside there was a buzz with large tables occupied for Sunday lunch. Definitely we shall go again when next this way. It was a perfect start to our week in US.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Very Good Seafood Experence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We had dinner four four on 4/11/14. Each of our meals were well prepared and presentation was excellent.Our server Shannon was very pleasant and attentive to our dining needs.The appetizers were a hit and some of our dining party noted they may just order several of them on there next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Seen better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have eaten at McCormock and Schmicks in the past at many other locations with outstanding results. This one.. Not so much.. The service was slow, the food was cold. The Manager did apologize for the problem, however At the prices paid, better management of the Bar and food is needed.

Visited April 2014