“Very Proud of their Prices - Should be more Proud of their Food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick'

McCormick & Schmick'
145 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 69 restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: "NH1" from the Branch Avenue Station, will let passengers off on Waterfront Street, one block from our location.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor. --- OUTSIDE FIRST COME FIRST SERVER ---
Pittsford, NY
“Very Proud of their Prices - Should be more Proud of their Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We decided to splurge with our teens on Easter weekend at McCormick & Schmick. We've dined at these restaurants in the past, and have had a very good experience. Because we were away for Easter, we wanted something special for us and for our kids. This restaurant was everything except special. It's disappointing that a restaurant rests on the laurels of its' founders. Know that all McCormick & Schmick restaurants are NOT created equal.
We knew we were in for trouble when we weren't seated until more than an hour after our confirmed reservation. Our server Mackenzie was apologetic and very friendly - if it wasn't for her, we would have walked away.
We ordered the Calamari Frito Misto for an appetizer, and it took more than 30 minutes to get our first course. It was excellent - or we were very hungry - I'm not sure.
For our entrees, we ordered a dry rub black angus ribeye, the Shrimp Trilogy, Sizzling Salmon, and Stuffed Shrimp. The only entree worth a return visit was the shrimp trilogy, which was flavorful and cooked to perfection. We all wished we had ordered it.
The sizzling salmon was overcooked and tasted very fishy. The stuffed shrimp was over stuffed and resembled a bowl of mush. The ribeye was over-cooked and even with a send-back and do-over, it was overdone and I just couldn't eat it. Isn't McCormick's known for it's steaks? I guess not.
Mackenzie took the ribeye off our bill, but our check still totaled $120.00 (including 2 glasses of wine), I don't mind splurging for a nice meal, but in this case, I left feeling like McCormick & Schmick owed me something. I won't be returning in the near future.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Houston, Texas
“Nice Visit - Great View!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had good food at this visit to one of our favorite chain restaurants - on the upscale chain side... I had a good fish selection - these change daily - and one of their salads - we enjoy their sourdough bread - it is consistent - and they have a good wine list... Of course I would love to get a dessert, but just never have the room! We enjoyed this time and the surrounding area is a real plus for atmosphere.

When visiting this establishment, always take advantage of their locally sourced ingredients -- you absolutely cannot go wrong...

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monroe
“Dinng on the Waterfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Food was very good, service was excellent - view from the outside dinning area while the sun was setting will be rememberd.

Visited June 2013
Trenton, NJ
“Not just for seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My cousin had his rehearsal dinner there and it was fabulous. The bartender was friendly and kept our glasses full. I ordered steak and it was very well seasoned. They also had this apple pie that was unlike any ordinary apple pie.

Visited June 2013
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
“Ignored.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Having enjoyed McCormick and Schmick's restaurants in other cities I felt this would be a safe bet for my party of four on a Sunday evening in National Harbor MD; I was very mistaken. We were seated promptly and then blatantly ignored. After ten minutes we overheard two servers arguing over who would be providing service to our table, this was our clue to leave. A shockingly unprofessional display that sent our business to a near by pub were I doubled to gratuity.

• Visited June 2013

Been to McCormick & Schmick'? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage McCormick & Schmick', register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;