“A little disappointed..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick'

McCormick & Schmick'
145 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: "NH1" from the Branch Avenue Station, will let passengers off on Waterfront Street, one block from our location.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor. --- OUTSIDE FIRST COME FIRST SERVER ---
“A little disappointed..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Visited December 30, 2012 for my husband' s 40 th birthday and I was disappointed that don't have a special birthday dessert or sing.. the Stella Artois was delicious along with the crab soup and clam chowder.... would only visit again for soup and beer and dine for full meal later.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“A safe bet, even in a tourist area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We walked down the hill from the Gaylord Resort for lunch the week after Christmas. There are lots of interesting places to eat down there. There is even a store that sells PEEPS! Not the best choice for lunch, though. That is why we decided on M&S. Since this a tourist area, we did not expect much. Just because M&S is considered a "nice" restaurant doesn't mean they are all nice. We were just hungry for a meal that didn't involve having to decide whether or not to super size.
I had the fish and chips, the wife had a soup and salad combo of some sort. We were happy with the food and the service. The view was nice as well. I would go back without a second thought. However, I would hesitate to order anything too complicated.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Croom, MD
“It's usually hit or miss here”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Crowded evening, received so-so service. The food was average but acceptable. The servings were extremely small. I'm not quite sure that I would ever spend my money here again.

Visited December 2012
Oxon Hill, Maryland
“Better food & service at IHOP!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had reservations and were 15 min early so sat at bar but were pretty much ignored so didn't get any drinks served to us. They tried to haphazardly take an order as a hostess came to seat us for our reservation. The waiter came and introduced himself asked about our drink order but didn't take up extra glasses or place settings so that should've been the first hint we weren't in a classy restaurant...When he came back with the bread it was a hardly sliced piece of French bread so tough I could've gotten better at the grocery store! I figured I'd be safe at this point somI just ordered Fish and Chips. I had iced tea to drink because I'm diabetic and water. We were not checked up on often and it took forever to get our meal! I was cautioned my plate was hot and the Fish was but I didn't enjoy the coleslaw melting in the ramekin. Come on guys, I worked as a waitress in the best of places so show some class! The tartar sauce was so spicy for my tastes that I didn't end up using it, but without anything the Fish had no taste or real texture at all. The atmosphere was way too loud, way too many table crowded together for anyone to enjoy a nice meal and quiet conversation. My chair was bumped several times by waitstaff as they hurried by carrying dishes. The expense was definitely not worth the experience-Michele Bowles

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Merritt Island, Florida
“Food OK, Service Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We were excited when we saw this franchise of this famous restaurant chan was open for lunch and even more so whe we saw their lunch menu prices. But we ended up very disapointed. The food was average quality and taste. The service was terrible. We wre brought the wrong drinks. We had to remind the server two times to bring the bread she offered (two times). We were brought the wrong check after waiting an extended time to ask for the check. The we couldn't find our server to ask for the correct check. When our check was finally brought to us, it was had the wrong drinks (remember the first problem) charged to us as well as the correct drinks. And it again took a long time to get the check. We finally paid with cash as we were afraid of how long it would take to use a card and if it woudl be correct. I went outside to another store to get change so I could just leave the money and get out of there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere