“Good Food, Good Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McCormick & Schmick'

McCormick & Schmick'
145 National Plaza, Oxon Hill, MD 20745
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 69 restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: "NH1" from the Branch Avenue Station, will let passengers off on Waterfront Street, one block from our location.
Description: McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor is located on the scenic banks of the Potomac River overlooking the shores of Old Town Alexandria, Washington DC & Maryland. McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant at National Harbor features a river side patio dining & private dining room with the main dining room & bar areas all showcasing view of the harbor. --- OUTSIDE FIRST COME FIRST SERVER ---
Asheville, North Carolina
“Good Food, Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was a good thing we had a reservation because it was busy. The food was good and the service was great. A little on the expensive side but all in all a good time.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Dillon, South Carolina
“Excellent food as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to McCormick & Schmick's at National Harbor while in town for a conference. I chose this restraunt because of my good experiences at other M & S restaurants and was not disappointed by this experience at all. When I arrived, being my myself, I was told that the bar area was the only place they could accommodate me, which I didn't mind. However, after noticing that there was no where to sit in the bar area, they immediately took me to an available table. I do not know why they did not offer me a regular table at first, I assume because they were saving that table for two. Nonetheless, the service was very good, attentive to refilling drinks and prompt. I ordered the swordfish blackened, an option not on the menu but has never been a problem in the past. It was fresh and tasty as always. I did order cheesecake for dessert which was just average. Overall, another good experience. The price was fair for a restaurant of this caliber and I would definitely return to this restaurant.

Texas
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The food was fantastic. The environment was relaxing and friendly. Staff were attentive and caring. Would certainly return!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Great place to connect with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were visiting friends in NOVA and decided to stop by the National Harbor. I haven't been there in years. As always, I was hungry and I like to eat in nice places. So my friend recommended this restaurant. It was Saturday night and we didn't have reservations. The place was packed and I see why. The location is great and the decor is upscale and elegant at the same time.

We decided to sit at the bar instead of waiting for a table in the dining room. We picked seats in the corner and our experience began. My friends ordered drinks and they looked good. We ordered cups of crab chowder and clam chowder. They both were outstanding. I ordered the Parmesan Crusted Flounder and my parter ordered Sea Scallops. The flounder was perfect except for the portion size. I had the smallest portion size out of everyone. The Sea Scallops were large and tasty. They were served on a potato cake. The potato was a bit bland, but a good portion size. For dessert, we ordered the Creme Brûlée. It was beyond wonderful. It is my favorite dessert in the world and they hit it out of the park.

Our bill for two people came to around $80. Not bad for the experience. Also, the service we received was great. They all were attentive to our needs. We will return next month!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, NY
“It may be a chain but a good one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Had business lunch here; excellent fish with fresh vegetables and potato. Service is fine even when busy. If you want a quiet place to talk, this is not it, very loud but great food and convenient.

Visited October 2012