“Tasty but prix-fixe pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fiorella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
NYC
“Tasty but prix-fixe pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We reserved a large group dinner at Fiorella during a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center and were pretty pleased with the food, service, and atmosphere. A little disappointing not to have the chance to order a la carte and try more of the menu, we were served salad, a few Margherita and eggplant pizzas for sharing, entrees and desserts. The pizzas had cracker thin crust and lots of cheese ("Milwaukee" style). The baked ziti was delicious and had a little kick to it, the grilled fish of the day was blackened salmon and not half bad, and the shrimp scampi was well seasoned shrimp and somewhat forgettable oily pasta. The desserts weren't anything to write home about but, rest assured, not a single bite of cheesecake or tiramisu remained.

At $50 a person the price was a little steep, but considering the real lack of other options around National Harbor for a place that could accommodate and appeal to a broad age range (young children, high school students, adults and grandparents), Fiorella was just fine.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ashburn, Virginia
“Excellent Pizza and Salad at Fiorella's National Harbor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had dinner at Fiorella's on Saturday, 26 April. We sat outside with a view of the Potomac River. The service was excellent; the food was better. We had a delicious pizza and a grand salad. While simple meals, both were superb, and the pizza ranks as among the best ever. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, Maryland
“One of the best pizzas I've ever had with the worst service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I chose this restaurant because of the reviews. Every single thing went wrong. Went there at 8:30 last evening.there were a couple of tables outdoors and several indoors. Because it was so nice we wanted to eat outside. We walked up to the host stand he told my sister it would be an hour. She told me, I then walked back up and said how can it be an hour when there are so many tables out there? He stepped outside and said "oh I didn't know those tables were empty". Isn't that his job? It went downhill from there. The server came, we ordered drinks, my daughter ordered a bottle of wine as we were celebrating her birthday. I asked the server if bread was available because we were really hungry and I needed some for my ten month old grandson. She said no problem. About fifteen minutes later she returned with the drinks, wine glasses but not the bottle of wine. We waited and waited and finally walked inside to the bar and the server was in there and said she was bringing it out. How long do you have to wait for a drink? She dropped off the bottle of wine and my daughter noticed there was lipstick all over the glass. We called the server over and she said she would get another glass. She didn't come back in fifteen minutes. We walked up to the bar to get the glass and they said they did not have a clean wine glass in the bar! So we waited another ten minutes. When she finally got her glass the food came, so she didn't get to enjoy her bottle of wine. I ordered baked ziti and did not receive it. We ordered a pizza to share and as I said it was amazing. Very thin crispy crust. The rest had spaghetti and said it was very good. When the waitress came back I said I never got my food. Now this was ten minutes in to the rest of the family more than half done with their food. She said it will be done in five minutes! I said are you kidding, they will all be done. I cancelled the order. I asked her what happened to the bread. She said they didn't have any more. You know what, all of this seems unbelievable like this is just someone you could not make happy. It's not true at all. I never complain in a restaurant and I actually laughed this off because I didn't know what else to do. We were celebrating my daughters' birthday. I will tell you everyone said their food was excellent. It's just a poorly managed restaurant and maybe everyone had a bad day.

Visited April 2014
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Great food we went for lunch and dinner. The pizza and pasta was great. No long wait to be seated. THE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND THE PRICE WE'RE DECENT. I will come back

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We loved the food, service and vibe. We had a reservation that we had to change to a later time due to traffic. They were very nice about it. When we arrived to National Harbor, there was a line of people waiting to get in. I figured there would be a long wait for us even though we had a reservation. Nope. They got us in and seated and we had an excellent dinner. The Open faced lasagna was amazing!

Visited March 2014

Been to Fiorella? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Fiorella, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.