“Yeah, whatever” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 69 restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: A metro bus stop is less than a block from our restaurant. This bus takes you to the Branch Avenue metro stop, where you can catch the metro into the city.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Yeah, whatever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

It's the kind of place you go to when there's nowhere else to go and you're in a tourist trap spot. The fish and shellfish are fresh, but they're prepared with bizarre sauces and accompaniments, as if planned by someone who aspires to be creative but just doesn't get it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Washington
“Waste of our money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had been here before so we decided to come again. We were going to be seated at a table near the bar and I asked for a different table. Obviously they didn't like us because they ushered us to a table outside the kitchen door. When I didn't accept that we finally got a decent table. When I ordered my iced tea we had to ask for a straw or spoon. We finally received our cold salads and the tomatoes on my caprese salad were very hard and unripe. The croutons on my husbands caesar salad look like they came from the supermarket. Two bitefuls into our salads and our main courses arrived. We were in shock - what do we do now, eat our salads, stop our salads, eat our main, eat our salads for dessert? All our waiter could say was "But it entered them separately" instead of taking back the main course and bring them out later. The sides on our mains tasted like they were main from boxes, like Near East.
We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hilo, Hawaii
“Happy Anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was our 43rd wedding anniversary and we needed to remain in the National Harbor resort area. Reviews of McLoone's Pier House were mixed, but this seemed the best choice. It was superb! We were seated quickly. Our server, Jesse, had worked at the restaurant for less than a week but clearly he both had a friendly and enthusiastic attitude and had been trained well. He knew the menu and and drink choices and made helpful suggestions. The food was delicious, matched with a superb wine for my wife and a crisp IPA for me. The cost was even a bit on the inexpensive side considering the atmosphere, quality of service, and food. We will return should work or vacation take us back to National Harbor. We will also look for other McLoone's in future travels.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Goffstown, New Hampshire
“Horrible... Don't waste your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I went with my wife and son for Father's Day dinner. It was the worst dining experience I've ever had. There were flies in the dining room. It took forever to get our meals. When they came, my broiled lobster tail had turned into a whole boiled lobster. I asked to speak to the manager because I didn't want the whole lobster. She argued with me about it and then walked away as I was trying to explain. She came back and said the chef stated that he wouldn't serve it the way it was described on the menu... Bizarre! By this point my family had eaten and I had nothing... No apology... No comp offered. I shared my son's grilled cheese for my Father's Day dinner! Stay away from this place!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Sat on outside deck by waterfront. Crab cake entree was served with asparagus and couscous -- it was delicious. Friend had a nut crusted fish dinner that was also excellent. Our server was very attentive. Jamaican Me Crazy drink was refreshing and decent size for the money. Bread came with meal and was served with a garlic herb butter. Restaurants in National Harbor area are expensive but felt I got good value for my money here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to McLoone's Pier House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage McLoone's Pier House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.