“Great view. Great food. Great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Pier House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: A metro bus stop is less than a block from our restaurant. This bus takes you to the Branch Avenue metro stop, where you can catch the metro into the city.
Washington, DC
“Great view. Great food. Great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The restaurant decor and the view of the harbor are both great. The crabcakes are wonderful and so is the polite and professional service. I brought visiting family, but I think it'll be good for date nights, too on the left side of the restaurant. If you like a bar with a view, it also had a nice bar area.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Water views, friendly staff and wonderful flavorful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

First, let me say I am sorry Mom.

Now that I have said that, I can say that I had the best pork chop of my life at this restaurant. I was not expecting amazing comfort food at a waterfront restaurant. The apple bourbon glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and string beans made the meal!!

My husband had the buffalo chicken wontons. They had a bit of a kick but a lot of flavor! He also indulged in crab and shrimp bisque - highly recommend.

The drinks are poured with a heavy hand and are yummy.

Come casual (we were in shorts and jeans) or come dressed up - everyone was welcome.

We wil be back here - soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Best view in the harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My food was good, the view was amazing, service a little slow. Might have been because we were a party of 9.

• Visited August 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Service was excellent, very attentive. Two of us had the macaroni and cheese with crab and shrimp -- very tasty, and just the right amount. Another had a cobb salad with crabmeat, and it had a surprisingly generous amount of crabmeat. Guitar player started about 9 pm playing cover songs on a weeknight, pleasant background without being too loud or distracting.

Visited August 2012
usa
“Buffalo Chicken Fried Wontons”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I didn't have dinner here, but stopped by for an appetizer. The staff was friendly we were seated quickly and ordered from the bar, which seemed to be busier than the restaraunt. The buffalo fried wontons were AWESOME!! Stopped for a beer, grabbed an app and on our way, PERFECT! I think it would be a nice place for a romantic dinner or small dinner party, overlooking the harbor, but I can't speak for the dinner menu. I'd definitely give it a shot if I was back in the area.

• Visited July 2012