“Much better this time around” 4 of 5 stars

301-839-1445
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bond 45 - National Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 69 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
green4859
“Much better this time around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Bond 45 to celebrate a friend's birthday. The last time I was there (my first time), I didn't enjoy the food at all, although the service was great. This time, what we ordered was really good. My husband and I shared the 20 oz NY strip steak and potatoes. He ordered the Super Tuscan (wine) and he loved it! A friend ordered the lasagna and it was quite large (it's shareable) and it tasted really good. I may go back just for that lasagna! The service was also great this time around.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Landover Hills, MD
“Love love love”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful meal, wonderful service and a wonderful night. We all had something different from their famous steak to their crab steak, even the lasagna was good. The service was the best. I'm horrible with names so I can't even give that nice guy a online pat on the back. Whoever covered the sunroom on 6/20 you're GREAT. All in all, a great night celebrating a great lady's birthday

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Ohio, United States
“Pricey but average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The service was wonderful, but the food was mediocre. I got spaghetti and meatballs, and it wasn't too flavorful. The popovers that they bring you to begin with weren't very good, but that's just personal preference.

However, we also got an appetizer of fried seafood which was delicious. The view of the harbor is great! Essentially, you're paying for the view, not the food.

Visited March 2013
Simsbury, Connecticut
“13th Wedding Anniversary - disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We entered the door and you have to walk until the greeter is found. Once found we were barely greeted and with no smile.
We were seated in a booth that was right across from the bar. This turned us off to start.
The server Joseph greeted us, but he was only doing the bare minimum for the job. Unfortunately the service lacked and the manager would come remove the dirty dishes that were plied up and then he would give them to the server Joseph.
The manager did come over an acknowledge our anniversary with an alcoholic drink, but we did no drink , so we said thank you and put it to the side.
The food - En Carozza (to much breading and not enough mozzarella and warm not hot.), Bowl of meatballs not hot and tasteless, House salad (Asked for a side of dressing and it still lacked flavor)
Entrees- Lobster mac and cheese- You get a lobster and a side order of mac with the lobster sauce on it. ( My husband was truly disappointed) I ordered my first Medium well steak and when it arrived I thought it was well done, because it was burned on the outside. First taste was horrible, second taste horrible - finally the taste went away. It was at least hot and it looked corn fed. we also had the roasted potatoes that were just ok. I decided to skip dessert.
The amount of money being charged, you expect a higher quality of food and service, and therefore we are not returning.
We were not surprised to see Carl Anthony Payne sitting at the bar. It's a high end restaurant so we thought. I enjoyed the Cosby show in the 80's.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Posh price for mediocre food and terrible customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Seated at 6:30, ordered at 6:45.... Received food at 8 with very little in the way of apology. My steak was ordered med rare and it came well done. Replacement was rare and they finally got it right on third try. I would never eat here again. Have a great meal at a fraction of the price across the river in Alexandria.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere