“It was a nice week away!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% Off Discount
GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“It was a nice week away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We really enjoyed staying here. We were guests of owners-- my father had a one bedroom and my family (w/two little boys) had a two bedroom. Our suite was very spacious and very clean. They did schedule us for a sales pitch on check in, but they didn't want just my husband there, so they asked him to leave. My dad was there for two hours, and I don't think my boys would have made it through that!

We drove into DC several times, and we did take the metro once - for 5 of us, it was cheaper to drive in and park at a garage. We mostly visited the Mall and monuments, and we did go to the zoo as well.

The Children's museum was amusing for an afternoon. I probably wouldn't go back, but it isn't a huge place, so my boys did everything there was to do.

We ate at many of the National Harbor restaurants and, if you have any somewhat picky eaters with you, that may be a challenge. My younger son didn't fare too well. :) It is all very close and is easy walking. We also brought breakfast and lunch items with us, which was great! We drove to Target in Alexandria to get supplies.

They have a little room with a few toys for small kids, and my boys loved it in there. We visited the pool once and enjoyed it, but it was pretty crowded subsequent days.

I would stay there again! It was nice to have such a large room compared to a regular hotel room. I really appreciated reading all of the previous reviews so I would know what to expect.

Room Tip: Be careful of the rooms near 316 - they are right above the movie viewing room and can be a bit loud...
Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My mil is an owner and we stayed there with her. We had a 2 bedroom which was nice. The staff is very helpful/friendly. The location is great with wonderful restaurants within walking distance. 1 complaint I have is with the cleanliness. 1 of our folded towels had BROWN stuff all over it. Not what you want to see when they are white. We also had some mold in the shower. I think if they took care of these minor things it would have been amazing. I would stay here again though. I do want to warn people about ordering food! We tried it twice and had nothing but problems. The second time was horrible! I fought with the company for 2 1/2 hours trying to get our food! The restaurants are amazing so take the time to go to them DON'T ORDER IN! I know this has nothing to do with the resort but I wanted to let everyone know.

• Stayed August 2013
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Normally every Wyndham Resort that I have stayed at has been a five star experience. I cannot say that about this Wyndham at National Harbor. My family stayed here for five nights in late August. To begin with, when we checked in we found empty beer cans on the floor in the bedroom along with a used band-aid on the floor. The carpet looked as if it had not been vacuumed this week. We called guest services and cleaning was dispatched and that problem was solved. Then we found that the telephone in the main room was not working. After two calls over two days, it was finally replaced with another one that did not work either. The wireless Internet turned out to be a real joke. When it worked, and that was about sixty per cent of the time, it was about as fast as dial-up service. You could overlook this if it were a budget hotel but at an upscale resort it is totally unacceptable.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham Vacation Resorts At National Harbor, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you had issues regarding the unit cleanliness and Wi-Fi access during your stay. Our goal is to make each guest feel at home during their stay. We are glad housekeeping was able to address and resolve the cleanliness issues you encountered. As you know, we have many units to house a large number of guests and their wireless devices. We are working to better the wireless connection at our resorts but this process will take some time. As always, we appreciate your feedback.
Far Rockaway, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Wyndham Vacation Resorts was perfect for our family of 5. We didn't have a river view because we didn't ask for one at booking, or so we were told at check-in. The property is conveniently located (attached to Children's Museum) in the midst of National Harbor. The 2-bedroom suite was beautiful and clean. The fully-equipped kitchen was really fully-equipped! The pool is small, but perfect for our toddlers.

Definitely staying here again whether it be for a getaway or business trip to DC.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ardmore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were with "owners" so we didn't have to sit through a sales pitch. We arrived before our hosts and were allowed to check our bags before they checked in (which was greatly appreciated). We stayed in a 3 BR/2 BA unit. Nice decor with Kings in 2 BR and 2 doubles in the 3rd BR. There was a well stocked kitchen and large dinning room. Seating in the living room was minimal - a sofa and 2 chairs. The bedrooms all had TVs. The balcony was small but adequate - but most rooms do not have a balcony. Service was limited - we had to request a mid-week towel exchange more than once. There are indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs and all appeared clean. They have a business center with computers and printers so it is easy to print your boarding passes. The bus stop is 1/2 block and comes twice per hour making it easy to take the bus to the Metro. There is also a shuttle but it doesn't go to the metro that goes to downtown DC.

Room Tip: You must be on the 6th floor or above to have a view. Balcony units are typically larger units.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom presidential over July 4th weekend while we toured The Smithsonians and National mall area. Loved everything about the resort, just wish the pool area was bigger. The small pool was jam packed every night with people practically on top of each other.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the rooms we have stayed in are very nice. --newish kitchen, granite countertops, some kind of jetted tub and tiled shower (ugly furniture, pix, and carpet. Nice bedroom, good closets, good towels, good a/c, good fans, two pools). There are big ugly black disgusting fingerprints on the bathroom doors--ugh. I like a balcony or terrace and there are only a few here, and we have not been able to get one. You definitely need a car here--you're about one half hour from Washington, D.C. , and that makes this a great option for visiting there. The restaurants in the immediate vicinity are not good, except for the Mexican fast food, Baja Fresh--it's OK fast food. The last time we were here we found a really nice Frenchish place on the waterfront, which is another block away and lovely and breezy in this heat (July). I will look for it again and update here. I would look on the waterfront for a good restaurant, but they are pricy. So all good except for balcony and furniture and fingerprints.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. Also, one bedrooms are well set up for one other person or couple.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Wyndham Vacation Resorts At National Harbor? Share your experiences!