“We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grace's Mandarin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: Asian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Waterman Passage
Springfield, VA
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

We tried Grace's Mandarin for the National Harbor Restaurant week and enjoyed our meals very much. We started with Organic Arugula Salads which were a wonderful mixture with a Sesame Seed dressing. I had the crab cakes with asparagus and rice and my husband had the Filet Mignon served Tepan-style (think Asian Fajitas). Our meal ended with a Mango Mousse. Our service was very good and the food was delicious. The restaurant is beautiful. it was dark when we got there, but we could see that during the daytime, you would be able to see the river from most tables. All of the restaurants at National Harbor are very expensive. While the prices at this restaurant was perhaps slightly higher than PF Changs, we felt that the food and service was better ,and the prices were lower than most restaurants at National Harbor. We asked our waiter Brett what we should order the next time and he said the lamb chops are very good. A lady next to us ordered the chicken Pad Tai ($19) and it looked very good. I probably would not order the Mango Mousse again, but it came with our restaurant week menu.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Owego, NY
“So Good - we had to go back the next day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

A friend and I were attending a conference this past week at the Gaylord. Of course, this was suring snowpocalypse '10, so a lot of the restaurants in the National Harbor were closed or only serving a limited menu. At Grace's, they were also having a staffing shortage, but the quality of the food, the staff we se interacted with, and the atmosphere, were all top notch. The first night, we drank a nice pinot grigio, had some chicken potstickers with the most delicious soy based dipping sauce I've ever had, an OK bowl of miso soup, and then fantastic sushi. We shared the spicy crunchy scallop and the spincy shrimp rolls. We had a great waiter named Trevor, who must have been about 12 years old, but was adorable and took fantastic care of us, even as he worried about if he would be able to get home in the crazy snowstorm going on outside. We alos had the magic cube dessert and a delicious fried banana plate of naughtiness. SO GOOD.
The next night, we were back. We actually came for happy hour, which was basically cancelled due to the storm. We sat at the bar anyway, and ended up staying for 7 hours. We had a great time with Kevin and Eddie, who were tending bar. Kevin was a fantastic bartender, serving up delicious cocktails. He also gave us menu suggestions, and we enjoyed more potstickers, a seared tuna appy that was fantastic, the crab friend rice and a green dragon roll. We met some wonderful people who live in the condos at the National Harbor, shared drtinks with the front desk staff from the Gaylord, and had some laughs with the staff from Ketchup, down the street. We had so much fun - both with the Grace's staff and the others. I think, if people who work at other restaurants in the area are eating there - that's a good sign!

the decor in this restaurant is over-the-top gorgeous. There's a two-story tall Buddha, beautiful lighting fictures, and the most spa-like ladies room I think I've ever seen in a restaruant.

rara8698
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2010

While the decor and stature of this place is impressive, incredible even, the food was anything but. It was awful. My friend and I each ordered a mojito - strawverry I think it was, and that was the only decent thing we had that day. First of all, the prices are astronomical. The friend I was with and I go out to eat A LOT and are willing to pay somewhat high prices for good & interesting food, but this was not good food and the prices were insane. We ordered two appetizers, some sushi, and the Tom Yum soup. The appetizers were - crab rangoons (soooo fishy tasting with fake crab meat for $10?! and my friend found something BLUE in hers!), and the shrimp firecracker wraps (tiny little things, very bland). The SOUP. The soup was terrible. SO bland - not spicy like it should be! And it was $9!! You can get that at a Thai restaurant for like $6 and it's actually good! I've made better Tom Yum soup at home. AND they give you this tiny little cup of it - where as, like I said, you can go to a Thai restaurant and get a huge bowl of it for $6! Then the sushi. Ugh. I know we got three but I can only remember two of them - the spicy tuna and the shrimp tempura - both awful. I couldn't even finish eating my portion, and that NEVER happens to me! It was disgusting. I was so mad at the end of this meal b/c we had spent so much money and the food was awful, we didn't even eat most of it. So far I am not impressed with the restaurants at National Harbor. The only reason I have it a two was b/c of the fun atmosphere and the decent service. But then again we were there during the day, the day after Thanksgiving and we were one of like three tables.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Grace's Mandarin? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Grace's Mandarin, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.