“Expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This spot is nice, the cakes look great, but for some reason the frosting is not all there for me. The cake itself are good.
It is a little pricey for anything, so keep that in mind when you think about purchasing a cake from here.

Visited November 2012

Alexandria, Virginia
“Good variety”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited Cake Love for a Saturday afternoon snack. The bakery was busy and the display case was full of choices. I will never turn down coconut and to have it combined with chocolate cake was a bonus. I had the coconut delight which had an "almond joy" twist to it. The frosting was pretty good I have to admit. However the cake left a lot to be desired. It was dry and not very chocolaty. My husband had the caramel turtle. He did not like it and actually threw half of it away. He had the same yucky cake as mine. The frosting was OK in my opinion but without good cake to balance it, he couldn't eat it.

I also didn't like that the cupcakes were cold. The display case is refrigerated so be prepared for this.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sunbury, Ohio
“Decent Cupcakes for a decent price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

These are not the greatest cupcakes I've had however they were very good. The cake was a little dry but the icing was amazing. It is worth a stop if you are in the area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Not a large selection at this location, but pretty darn good. We ordered several items to try. 4 different types of cupcakes and two slices of cake. The cupcakes were vanilla on vanilla, strawberries and cream, and two others. They were ok, but we would not order again. Now the cake in the other hand was so awesome, that we went back Monday. Only reason we did not return Sunday is because we thought they were closed!

We had the strawberry and cream cake which is a very light moist white cake with strawberries and a what seems like a whipped cream icing. The best was the strawberry shortcake. It is pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped buttercream icing. It is fabulous. Note that they do not sale cake slices during the week. However, we were able to get the shortcake Monday as we ordered an entire one.

Highly recommend when at National Harbor.

Visited March 2013
baltimore, md
“Pre-Valentine's day weeekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had the lemon bar. Which I have gotten several times before. I was not let down . Simply delicious.

Visited February 2013