“Average and overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Maryland Line, Maryland
“Average and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

In my opinion, the cake was overpriced. It was average tasting and nothing to write home about. Honestly, I'm a baker, so maybe I'm a little hard in this review. I tried several different flavors and I kept hoping that with each choice, the flavor would burst through more than the previous choice, unfortunately not.

Purcellville, Virginia
“Good cakes, but not enough of them.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love cake so it was hard to pass by a shop called "Cake Love". The aroma of baking chocolate cake inside was wonderful! I was disappointed with the selection, however. A sign listed cakes, brownies, eclairs, and other goodies, but the case contained mostly cupcakes and three kinds of cake. We were all very pleased with our selections, however.

Atlanta
“Hello! I'm standing here while you're chatting in the back!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I dropped by here first in the early afternoon. Bell chimes when I walk in. Staff hanging out in the back, where they can see the shop and customers, chatting. Nobody looks up. I wait a few minutes and leave. Came back later for a special event with free cupcakes. Have a very delicious red velvet cupcake and staff is up front handing out cupcakes, probably because the group funding the event has a representative sitting there watching. If I hadn't had the offer of a free cupcake later, I would never have gone back -- incredibly bad service.

Lynchburg, Virginia
“Chocolate Downfall cake was the bomb.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Found CakeLove while walking around NH. Decided to pick up some items before going back to the room. The cup cakes we picked out were okay, the "The Downfall Cake" was absolutely the best. It was moist and very chocolatey. The price for the cupcakes was a little high, but I will return to look for "my" cake. Service was cordial and helpful.

• Visited September 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Even the fresh ones are bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I had heard all the buzz this cupcake place on a TV food show. On my birthday, in lieu of a cake, we decided to go there and get a variety of cupcakes. As we were waiting fresh trays of cupcakes were being put in the display case. We opted for 4 flavors that just were put out. We put a candle on one, sang Happy Birthday and eagerly bit into one. Yuck ! We tried the 'Shakin Bacon, Peanut Butter, German Chocolate and Red Velvet. The Red Velvet was semi moist. The rest of them we dry, flavorless and boring. So disappointed. They were approx. $4 a piece.

• Visited October 2011