“Strange Name and Staff, But Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

+1 240-766-3640
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sauciety is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 71 Restaurants in Oxon Hill
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Bar, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Green Line to Branch Ave and the NH1 Bus to National Harbor
Description: Join us for a gratifying "Eat Well" experience at Sauciety. Enjoy a revival of American fare familiar and regional cuisines. Food meticulously and carefully prepared with focus on pairing Superfoods to promote Wellness and Healthy Living. At Sauciety we believe wholesome, comforting, and tasty food is the new Modern.
New Bern, North Carolina
“Strange Name and Staff, But Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We tried Sauciety, which is located in the Westin National Harbor Hotel, during our stay here for a visit to the DC Cherry Blossom Festival. Firstly, it has a nice view of the harbor. Most importantly, the food was prepared quickly and for a hotel restaurant, was pretty tasty. And finally, the cost for breakfast (egg sandwich on ciabatta and scrambled eggs both with bacon, toast, and coffee) was not bad considering the area ($24). The staff here is where the train went a bit off the tracks! Although our hostess was not rude and generally pleasant, she seemed to be a bit grumpy and had an air of coolness to her. And the waiter's initial demeanor on greeting us was sour, which I believe was due to some staffing problem. However, as the meal progressed, they both lightened up and became quite friendly, perhaps as a result of our pleasantness. In any case, don't let your initial impression prevent you from enjoying a nice breakfast overlooking a lovely view of the Potomac!

• Visited April 2013

North Carolina
“Great breakfast, beautiful view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were staying at the Wyndham resort with friends and decided to check out the Westin for breakfast - we were not disappointed. I was pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere, service, and quality of food. I was initially hesitant because of some negative TripAdvisor reviews but really had no complaints. I had the breakfast sandwich on ciabatti - yum! Prices were a little on the high side but really not too bad for a hotel restaurant. Sit near the window for a great view.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Worst hostess in the WORLD!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I just got home from the Westin, this restaurant was so bad I want to write this while there is still a bad taste in my mouth.
The food looked good, but very bland. I never use salt, but did today. We had to have brunch, after 11:30, do not even think about asking for a breakfast item. When we got down to the restaurant it was 11:25. The hostess, with the mole, told us it was not time and to sit in the waiting area. We did thinking it was odd; especially since there was another couple eating in the dining area. All the other tables were ready and empty. We sat and waited. While waiting another couple came down and was rudely told to sit and wait like us, they immediately left upset, wish we had too. After 4 minutes in the waiting area, we were told we could be seated in the rudest way. On the way to the table, the couple that was finishing up, started to get up to leave, the hostess stopped in front of the woman and said "are you waiting for someone?", of course rudely. Meanwhile she was just trying to leave and looked pissed off, I'm sure it was from her great experience. The hostess treated everyone that came in like crap. The view was beautiful, but with the over priced bad food and awful service, you won't notice it.
I see where the manager responds to comments on the Westin page in a rude manner... try me Joseph! I am ready for ya!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Best Neighborhood Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My fiance and I absolutely LOVE Sauciety! We enjoy Sunday brunch several times a month and "wine and dine" for dinner often.

Personal favorites:
Brunch - Pancakes! Egg White Omelet, Mimosas.
Dinner: Surf and Turf w/ the filet and crab cake, Lobster Mac and Cheese, All the salads.
Desert: Carrot Cake and Bread Pudding.

All ingredients are fresh, the view is to die for and the service is pleasant and efficient.

5 Stars!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Occoquan, Virginia
“Weekend Dinner at Sauciety”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed over the weekend at the Hotel. See review of Hotel. Had dinner one night at the restaurant. It was surprising good. Prices were average for this area. Service was excellent. It was a cold weekend and not to many guests. The views are fantastic. Love the sauce spreads they do.Decent wind selection. Found an Argentine MalbecI really liked on the menu. Crab Cake appetizer was awesome. Friend ordered seafood medley dish that was great and I got the rib eye. The only negative is the deadlinks on the hotel's website for the restaurants menus.They need to fix this it looks very unprofessional.

• Visited February 2013