“Nice hotel great location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Hamden, Connecticut
“Nice hotel great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

i got a great rate so it was worth the price i paid. Check in and check out was smooth and easy. Staff was very friendly. Marvin at the front was happy, friendly and very helpful in the few questions we had during our stay last weekend. National Harbor is beautiful but the area is expensive especially at the Hotel $8 for a draft summer shandy. complimentary coffee was good and not burnt tasting like other free coffee offered at hotels, food was also expensive for what you get.

the room was clean and non smelly, the hotel doesn't offer much views of the harbor as it is on the other side of the street. The bathroom area is small and the door that covers the toilet/shower area is a hanging door and doesn't offer much privacy at all! so be prepared to leave the room for your significant other to do their biz or put the tv on volume up and the shower on. the shower/bathroom also does not have a exhaust fan. i recommenced the sub shop at the bottom of the stairs. great food very reasonably priced

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at aloft Washington National Harbor, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Brian- Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are grateful that you enjoyed the personalized attention from Marvin, affordable price point, as well as the complimentary coffee offered daily. Our guest bathrooms are laid out differently than your typical hotel, but most travelers appreciate our over-sized spa-like showers and bliss spa amenities. We hope to serve you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This hotel is a great spot in a fun little city center. The only thing lacking was close parking or a service that helped you with your luggage while you parked your car in the public lot. A great 1-2 night stay is enough in the National Harbor - great food, great view and during the summer they have all kinds of activities on the big screen overlooking the water.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
itshallbedone- If you ever need assistance with luggage upon arrival, please call ahead and inform our front desk about your request. We are happy to help our guests in any way possible!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

That guy that works there, Maurice, he gets five stars. He and all the staff there are cool. The place is clean and neat and the staff were really nice. They all should get a raise. Newer and more modern than the Gaylord. The bay looks amazing and it is just across the street. The nearby stores are expensive but very nice. Maurice is a cool guy. Say hi to him. He will be a smiling face at the door. Don't hate. Aloft is great.

• Stayed June 2014
Matt- We will definitely say "hi" to Maurice for you! Thank you for giving Maurice a five star rating! He embodies the social Aloft spirit and helps give our hotel a great reputation among the hotel community here at National Harbor.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had an amazing visit to Washington DC at the aloft hotel. The customer service was outstanding from the people at the front desk all the way down to the room service and house keeping staff. Besides the beautiful waterfront view from my suit,The young man and women Autumn and Maurice were very friendly and helpful. They gave excellent directions,recommended the best restaurants and nightlife entertainment. They also help to make all of my last minute accommodations that I requested upon my arrival. Every part of my experience was great ! From my arrival to dismissal every time I saw Maurice he asked me If i was enjoying my stay and Autumn made sure to check up on all my accommodations. The rooms were very clean and well groomed. I can honestly say this was one of my best customer service / hospitality experiences I have had in a really long time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chanel C- Wow! It is rewarding to hear that we provided you with outstanding customer support during your recent stay. Our success depends on the personalized service efforts from team members just like Autumn and Maurice, and glad you recognized this throughout your Aloft experience. Thank you for the wonderful testament, and we look forward to your next stay!
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very modern place. Nice bar area and balcony to sit outside and look over the harbor. Most importantly, the staff were EXCELLENT. Marvin acknowledged my birthday and took extra steps to ensure my pleasant stay and departure. All of the staff were great from the checkin through to departure. I WILL return.

Room Tip: You should ask for a room that looks over the harbor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at aloft Washington National Harbor, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Hi bproctorin- We are thrilled to hear that Marvin acknowledged your birthday during your stay with us! It is always very rewarding to hear a guest praise the excellent service provided by our talent members, and we look forward to your next return!
Cortez, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Was my first trip to Washington DC to see my son graduate with his masters degree. The aloft hotel was great and National Harbor was close to all the great sites. Everything was within walking distance. I had a really great time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hi Kayde S- Thank you for choosing to stay with us while during your son's graduation. Congratulations on this big milestone! We are happy that you had a great time at our hotel, and look forward to seeing you again.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I checked into the Aloft Washington National Harbor on June 26th. I wasmimmediately greeted by Maurice at the concierge desk who was very friendly and directed me to the front desk where Brittany checked me in. I was impressed watching her handle several things at once before she got to me and when I came up to her I was more impressed. As it was my first time there she told me several places to go for dinner and entertainment as my girlfriend were there celebrating her birthday. The room was really nice and comfortable and just before I arrived I sent an email to ask for 2 champagne glasses and a wine bucket and although it was last minute on my part, it was there when I arrived. Rim Radwan responded to my email promptly and assured me that everything would be waiting for me. When I checked out, I again saw Maurice and he asked me about my stay and just had casual conversation with me before I left. He also told me other attractions to visit if I come back. Through our conversation I also found that Maurice had family from my hometown of Baltimore (Go Ravens and Orioles). The stay was awesome, but the personalities of Brittany and Maurice made it that much better. The hotel was also near the water and within walking distance of everything. Great location and great staff. I'll definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
ravens113 - Thank you for the great review! We greatly appreciate you recognizing the personalized service from Maurice and Brittany during your time at the Aloft! The wonderful personalities at our hotel set us apart from the rest here at National Harbor. We look forward to your next return!

Been to aloft Washington National Harbor? Share your experiences!