Stayed here with teenager for long DC weekend. Concern about distance to city disappeared our first night walking around the Harbor area. It is very relaxing and pleasant. Gorgeous view overlooking the Harbor from our room on the 8th floor. Set up of the room is very modern, which was new to us, yet pleasant. Have to say that the showerhead was great, and we always had hot water, even on the 8th floor. We do wish there were other parking options than the $11/day in the municipal garage, but this IS an area built specifically for tourists, conferences, conventions, etc.
We were impressed with the attentiveness of the general manager and front desk personnel who were very attuned to who entered and departed the hotel. Makes one feel both safe and attended to when necessary. No grumpy staff makes a HUGE difference!
Do not expect economical options for food in the area as it IS geared towards groups that most likely receive reimbursement from their corporations. There is an all natural hamburg restaurant that may appeal to the fast food crowd and ice cream along the waterfront. Free coffee in the lobby is offered until 10 am. I understand you can drive a short distance to a grocer, etc but we did not take our car out of the parking garage for this option. We rather ate in DC prior to returning to aLoft hotel in National Harbor, which also avoided all the rush hour traffic.
We will definitely consider staying here again. It offered easy access to Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Monument, Vietnam, Korean and WWII Memorials and so many other desired-to-see National sites. It offers a unique way to see the DC city from its neighboring areas.
Work out room looked decent, but walking 10+ miles around the city was enough exercise for us daily!
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Washington National Harbor Hotel Oxon Hill
- Aloft Washington National Harbor Hotel
- Aloft Oxon Hill
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched along the Potomac River, aloft Washington National Harbor is steps from food and fun, easily accessible from all airports, and just 15 minutes from downtown DC. We offer a courtesy shuttle service between National Harbor and three key area destinations (King Street Metro Station, Old Post Office Pavilion, and Union Station). The service is FREE for guests-passengers should simply present their hotel key card. New Water Taxi service DIRECT from National Harbor to the National Mall and Georgetown. Have an electric car? Aloft Washington National Harbor offers the perfect parking solution just for you! Our garage offers Plug-In Electric Vehicle charging stations. Parking is located at Mariner Passage Garage. Instructions if a guest elects to add parking to their bill: 1) Inform our Front Desk Talent that you desire to add parking to your bill. 2) As you enter the parking garage, press the button for a ticket. 3) When exiting the parking garage, insert the paper ticket you received followed by your room key. 4) If you are returning back, press the button for another ticket and repeat the exiting procedure. Daily parking fee applies. Don't forget to shop over 85 brands at Tanger Outlets just over a mile from National Harbor. Coming soon: a 175-foot 17-story observation wheel will be constructed at National Harbor set to debut in May 2014! Also, Walrus Oyster and Ale House will be opening at the base of the Aloft building in the Spring of 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your aloft Washington National Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.