“Great hotel, great location, wonderful view.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC

You added Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC to your Saves list
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Waterfront St., National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Washington, DC
“Great hotel, great location, wonderful view.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

I have nothing but nice things to say about this hotel. The room was large, spacious, and immaculate! Our room was on the 7th floor. We had a nice view of the harbor and the street below for people watching. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff was friendly. Enjoyed the whirlpool, the pool, and the fitness center as well. Would highly recommend this one to anyone staying in the DMV area! This hotel is also located next to several restaurants and just a short walk to the piers and shopping at the National Harbor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I stayed for a week and they have an infestation of bed bugs and I was continually bitten. I came back home to portland and had to go to the ER. The bites got infected and I have been taking antibotics for a week. I have been home for a week now and my legs are still swollen. When I called the hotel they told me they did not have bed bugs and they would not comp me my room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Butler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

Very Nice modern hotel. - newly built.Great location and easy to find - you can walk around in teh evening among all the shops and restaurant. An easy drive in Washington DC but getting back was harder! The only difficulty was our keys did not work at first and that created a lot of havoc when trying to leave the parking garage! Also the computers in the the business center had intermittent off and on internet access. Bets staff was teh evening social hostess - she was great with our son.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

Stayed with my family for 4 nights in the beginning of July while visiting Washington, D.C.. Rooms were very clean, quiet, comfortable, no complaints whatsoever. I was going to say "just like home" except I don't get an awesome breakfast buffet every day at home. National Harbor is a nice, new area, that will be even better once more stores open. Lots of dining choices. Cute little beach area for the kids to run around.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Georgetown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel while attending a conference at the Gaylord. There were 3 of us, all female, so we rented a 2-bedroom suite. The cost was well below what 2 rooms would have been at the Gaylord (we saved almost $1,000 for the 5 day trip by staying here versus the Gaylord).

The suite had a full kitchen with an eating area, 2 bedrooms with King beds, 2 full baths and a pull out bed in the living room. There was plenty of room for all of us. Each room had a flat screen TV. It was great being able to come across the street during the conference and "chill". The Gaylord is very nice and very big. This hotel has an indoor pool, great exercise room (free) and a full breakfast every morning. I would definitely recommend it.

National Harbor is pretty isolated. There is the Gaylord, the Westin and this hotel, a few restaurants and the pier area. You either take a water taxi or have to have ground transportation to go into DC. It would be nice to have the Metro closer. The Mexican restaurant is very good, not so much the Chinese one (very overpriced!). Supposedly Disney is coming to this area... once it's on the metro, it will be great. It's still being built and doesn't have much nightlife.

If I were to go back, I'd stay at the Residence and would recommend to anyone who wants an alternative to the Gaylord.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

I attended a conference at the Gaylord National Resort/Conference center, and had originally reserved a room at the Gaylord (including a hefty pre-pay). After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I decided to cancel my room there and moved across the street to the Residence Inn. After all, I'd be paying $150 less a night, and didn't have to pre-pay!!

It was the best thing I've done in a long time. The Residence Inn was modern, clean and super-convenient to the conference center. The basic room was huge - an L-shaped studio with king bed and a small living area. Workspace was ample, lots of power connections and wireless internet for free. Throw in free hot breakfast, an indoor pool and exercise room, a billiard room, a full bar in the evenings with happy hour hors d'ouevres and a great staff. Simply fantastic!

My colleagues staying across the street were green with envy!

The whole "National Harbor" area is a bit of a tourist trap - a "planned" community surrounding the Gaylord National with upscale (read "expensive") retail and "trendy" restaurants. If you have to go there for a conference, you don't have much choice in the matter, but if you're traveling on pleasure it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

But I can say that I'll be back at the Residence Inn here the next time business requires me to be in the National Harbor area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Williamsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

We originally booked a weekend stay for a one bedroom suite. We were blown away with how nice the room was. Good size bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen with the full stainless steel appliance were excellent. Everything was immaculate as for as cleanliness goes. The person who check us is was so-so. Not rude just not that friendly. The next morning when we went to leave for the day we noticed are door was not locking, for the trouble we had they upgraded us to to a bedroom suite with the most spectcular view! The breakfast was good and they kept everything stocked up. All in all it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC? Share your experiences!