“Pleasantly Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC to your Saves list
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   192 Waterfront St., National Harbor, Oxon Hill, MD 20745   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
New Jersey
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked this hotel on Priceline for $85 which is a really great value for the DC area. It was our first time to the National Harbor area and we loved it. The area itself is cute. Stores, restaurants and entertainment. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Our room was nice and the bed itself was very comfy. I would definitely stay here again. Only thing was our timing was off the next morning for the shuttle to the Metro. Next time we will time it better so we don;t have to wait as long. Overall, great stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Western Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Residence Inn in National Harbor is right across from the Gaylord. It's close to all the action, stores, restaurants, Tanger Outlets.
On Sat. July 5 there was a worker taking care of breakfast, I didn't get her name but she kept the food filled, cleared and wiped tables, she just did it all and it was very busy, I wish I would have caught her name because she should be commended. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. The rooms were clean, the hotel is newer and decorated nicely.
The rooms has a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and stove. We didn't use them but they were there for people who are staying longer. There is a free shuttle to the Metro but we elected to drive and park near the Metro because the shuttle stops running at 7:00 pm. The Metro station is only a few miles from National Harbor which takes you into D.C.
Only negative was the air conditioner in our room was very loud.

Room Tip: We always get a room close to the bottom floor so we can use the steps and avoid the elevators when...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The location in proximity to the Gaylord Convention Center and National Harbor cannot be better - right across the street (about 100 yards) and next to an easy access parking garage. I recently brought a group of students down for a National conference at the Gaylord, and Jermaine at the front desk was exceptional in treating my students with respect and patience. Dante and James were also key in making out stay an easy one - and I would not only stay here again with my students, but with my own family as well when visiting D.C.

The rooms were incredibly spacious for what I expected. Our group stayed in a King with a pull out sofa bed rooms. These rooms had a great kitchen with a full sized fridge, popcorn in the rooms, microwave and plates/glasses. There was plenty of lighting, great counter top and vanity space. I found the wifi adequate. The bathroom was generously sized as well, and the room layout was great. The free breakfast was decent, with juices, coffee, and a waffle maker, which was a hit for the kids.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a room overlooking the harbor. The ferris wheel and fireworks were awesome to view f...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Opted for the somewhat less expensive option from the Gaylord while attending a conference
It was still double the cost of other Residence inns in more remote areas, but I think these prices just come with the territory .. (especially when there is a big conference going on).

Despite coming in with those thoughts, the rooms were great, the staff was super, my room was fantastic (everything new, spotless, fresh sheets/pillows/towels, etc.)

Would certainly stay again, and while I didn't see the rooms at the Gaylord, I was very please to stay right across the street and save money on the rates ...

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Gaylord or the water, corner rooms are the best but might be an upgrade.
College Station, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Maybe I'm spoiled, but when I am on a business trip, I expect very good wi-fi....especially nowadays. I'm normally in Hiltons, Marriotts, or Hyatts. In the US, business travelers expect solid wi-fi at these hotels. Well, this Marriott property has lousy wi-fi. I couldn't stay connected for more than 15 minutes at a time. The hotel staff were not surprised by my call. They recommended I call the provider. That was a waste of 30 minutes (surprise). Later during my stay, the front desk staff recognized me and asked if the problem was resolved. I said no but they dint really seem to care. The best part of this hotel is the location if you're there for a conf in the Gaylord. Still, I would recommend somewhere else if you want / need good wi-fi in your room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RINationalHarbor, Manager at Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from previous stay with us. We apologize you were not able to connect to our wireless internet and for the time consuming call to the provider. We are looking into this matter; We are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless internet; which should be completed by mid-August. Looking forward to greeting you back to the National Harbor area.

Warmest Regards,
National Harbor Management Team
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I often attend conferences at the Gaylord just across the street from the Residence Inn. This is definitely my preferred hotel at National Harbor. I would probably prefer I just for the big suites but there are a few other highlights. The staff is always incredibly friendly and helpful. I also enjoy the breakfast here as the banquet food at the Gaylord is terrible now. The only area of improvement could be the fitness center. It's standard for this type of hotel but could really be stepped up.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was suppose to stay at the Gaylord for a conference, but they filled up. The Residence Inn is right across the street and for less money I had a full kitchen and a really beautiful view of the river.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC? Share your experiences!