“Beautiful views on the water” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Oxon Hill
New York City, New York
“Beautiful views on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed here for a few days on a business trip and was ecstatic to see that my hotel selection was made literally on the water. My room was not facing the Harbor but on the weekend I was fortunate to spend some time in the back of the hotel sitting by the water. You can get there from walking around the hotel which takes literally 2 minutes or you can take the elevator to the lowest level and just walk outside through the back. Stunning views and also extremely just peaceful. I loved it. I had wished I was able to stay longer. The Westin in situated in a key area in National Harbor with walking distance practically anything that you need or want to see. The staff were extremely nice and quite accommodating. The room was superb, very clean, and I really could not care less if I did not receive a room "with a view" so to speak. The bathroom was also quite nice. They have a pool and fitness room downstairs but I never got a chance to go. The one negative comment I would say is the breakfast selection could be a little better as its a small menu with limited options. That is pretty much it.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend get away,either business, couples, family, friends or even solo. I plan on coming back for this hotel to do one of the above!

Room Tip: I would suggest not staying near elevators. Another note in order to go down in the elevators you n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
WestinHarbor, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Washington National Harbor, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We share and discuss all of the reviews at our weekly meetings and act upon those suggestions we recieve from our guests. We will definitely take your suggestions and discuss them with the management team. Please come stay with us again when your travels bring you too the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I chose to stay at this hotel over a convention center at the Gaylord. This is a very nice property (5 years new) and cute small town feel. It was a quick 3 min walk to the Gaylord hotel. My room was in a corner facing the harbor...unbelieveable sunset views. The fitness center is located facing the water. Love this location. My only recommendation is for the restaurant to offer a breakfast buffet to speed up the process for getting food quickly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the Kind comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and have an interest in returning. We will take your breakfast buffet suggestion to our food and beverage team for review, and discuss it with management. Please enjoy your next trip, wherever it may take you.
Lakewood, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I were on a long, get-away weekend and were hoping to find the perfect hotel while in National Harbor. We think we found it.
The Westin is located on the water, central to everything you need, easy walking no matter where you want to go in National Harbor. We were greeted by a professional staff who gave us a free upgraded from a street view to a water view. The rooms were large, modern and just perfect. Bathroom was also very large and modern, even included the bathrobe. Parking was acceptable, only $13 a day, which is great in this area and only 150 ft from the hotel.
The only bad thing I can say about this hotel is that you can hear people in the room next to you, almost word for word.
This is my first time in a Westin, and I was very impressed..will definitely look them up again on my next trip out of town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinHarbor, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Washington National Harbor, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. We are happy that you appreciate the time we take in training and guiding the staff in order to provide an enjoyable getaway. We do hope you will visit again when your travels bring you to the area.
Brighton, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here for a week in May and was really glad I came to stay here. The whole hotel is set up to be calming and serene and the staff are very helpful.
The rooms are very well maintained and equipped and everything is spotlessly clean. The reception area is quite informal and welcoming and has plenty of seating where you can wait while any others you're travelling with are still getting ready. I used the gym a few times which has fairly new equipment which doesn't squeak or clunk, although there isn't much of it as with most hotel gyms I've seen. A touch I've not seen before though is the gym clothing hire so you can travel without having to bring any gym gear (even trainers) although I did have my own with me. There is a pool which I didn't use which looked OK through the window but had quite limited opening hours.
The restaurant here is nice and they serve a great breakfast although it is pretty expensive. Despite that there is quite a choice for breakfast and a lot of it is specifically designed to be healthy and nutritious. I didn't eat lunch or dinner in the restaurant but I did try some of the bar snacks like the wings which were fabulous. Both the bar and restaurant make full use of their position overlooking the harbour itself and make nice places to watch the comings and going on the water.
My room itself was great and has everything you need including complementary bottles of water and a recycling bin. I actually changed rooms part way through my stay due to personal reasons (there was nothing wrong with the room whatsoever) and both rooms were great. Although my first room (315) benefited from a spectacular harbour view. I can't remember the actual costs but the valet parking was really expensive, although no more so than any of the other hotels around here. A much cheaper option is to park in one of the multi-storey car parks nearby where you can park for 24hrs for a fraction of the cost. The area is quite compact and spreads out for only a few blocks in any direction so walking around should be fine.

Other stuff:
Room number 315 with a harbour view, then moved to 312 with a street view
Tea making facilities in room - Yes, with Starbucks coffee
Toiletries - Yes
TV channels - Standard cable channels
In room safe - Yes
Internet - Wi-Fi throughout but there is a charge. I asked nicely at reception who were happy to give me the conference guest code for free wi-fi though!

Room Tip: The first room I stayed in was room 315 which had a harbour view and the view is great. Ask to be o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
WestinHarbor, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin Washington National Harbor, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed in the Westin for a long weekend while I was doing reserve duty and the staff and location couldn't be better. I've stayed at the Hampton Inn National Harbor (bad experience) and the Residence Inn (average experience) and the Westin was great. I had some initial issues with booking my reservation through the military system and called the Westin directly and the National Harbor staff was very helpful. When I checked in they upgraded me to a room on the water and on Saturday night I had a front row seat to the fireworks over the Potomac. The only negative would be checking in and parking. There are only a few spaces to unload when you check in and if they are full you have to go to the parking garage up the street and lug you stuff down. Besides that they stay was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the glowing accolade! The staff will be appreciative of your positive comments. Please visit us again!
Tarboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ok, so National Harbor is a great location period. The Westin is a waterfront property in the area. We loved our guest room because it was clean and modern. The beds were so comfy and the the large windows provided a perfect street view. The staff was friendly and helpful. The fitness center was larger and had more equipment than your typical hotel fitness center. If we don't stay at the Gaylord, we will definitely return to the Westin. We have also stayed at the Aloft at National Harbor a few times; the Westin guest rooms are larger. I anticipated a more spacious and elaborately decorated lobby.

The only authentic con I can think of is that, unlike the Aloft, you have to valet park or meter park to unload in front of the Westin.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Than you for the kind words. We are always gratified to hear that our guests enjoy themselves. We look forward to your next vivit with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A very nice hotel in an easy and convenience area. It is a smaller hotel, so yes the lobby and the rooms are a little smaller but very nicely appointed. Hotel is right on the water so harborview rooms really have up-front water views. The 'heavenly' shower is fantastic - two heads! Comfortable beds and countless types of pillows (although lack of fitted sheets is annoying to me - no matter how you sleep, they slip and slide.) It's in a good location - only steps to the convention center and right in the middle of all the shops and restaurants.

Only negative: the carpeting needs tightening in the hallways and is stained and feels mushy in the rooms. The hotel isn't that old so I'm not sure why the carpet feels so old. First impressions count!

Note that the workout facility has plenty of treadmills and ellipticals but only one resistance machine - one of those that has multiple arms that do everything, but it is so close to everything else that only one person at a time can use it.

Skip the valet - one of the national harbor parking garages is literally steps away.

Room Tip: It's worth the 20 bucks for harborview rooms, big plate glass windows right over the water.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Westin Washington National Harbor? Share your experiences!